Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC)

  1. #21
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    5,865
    Frankly I have to say, you are as myopic on this issue as you are on the source reasons and fulmination of the Jan. 6, so called, insurrection.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

  2. #22
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Back in the Pacific Northwest!
    Posts
    8,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Frankly I have to say, you are as myopic on this issue as you are on the source reasons and fulmination of the Jan. 6, so called, insurrection.
    If it wasn't for this I would be perfect!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

    "HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

    I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

    Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

    NRA Endowment Member

  3. #23
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    If it wasn't for this I would be perfect!
    If it wasn't for this you would be able to discern the communist takeover of this formerly great republic.

    That you can't, or won't, gives me great pause...and makes me question both your ratiocinative abilities, along with your cognition of events.

    I do not state these things with hubris nor circumspection.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

  4. #24
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Back in the Pacific Northwest!
    Posts
    8,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    If it wasn't for this you would be able to discern the communist takeover of this formerly great republic.

    That you can't, or won't, gives me great pause...and makes me question both your ratiocinative abilities, along with your cognition of events.

    I do not state these things with hubris nor circumspection.
    That you won't wait for actual evidence gives me pause. Almost everyone of the people who attacked the Capital did so because they knew that the election had been stolen, though it has not been proven. Not 100% proven, but proven just enough for reasonable people to conclude that it was. It will take time to prove this case, and if anyone can do it I expect Sidney Powell can. I don't take her for someone who makes claims they can't prove, especially given her record, but she still has to prove them. I have seen the analysis showing evidence of fraud and questionable activities, but I have also see the analysis that shows the election was within normal statistical bands. I am not a statistician, but I do work with statistics and I found both analysis to be convincing. I recognize that Pennsylvania and some other localities changed voting laws unconstitutionally, but the number of votes that effected has not been shown to be enough to turn the election. I also realize that both candidates got something like 10 million more votes each than the last election. I have plenty of questions that I am waiting for answers to. This should not bring my ratiocinative abilities into question, it should show that I am actually using them to not jump to conclusions based on my prejudices.

    And I do not think you are being mean or rude, I think we are having a frank discussion. I have no issues with frank discussions, even when I disagree with the stance of the person I am discussing with. This is what sets us apart from most liberals, maturity.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

    "HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

    I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

    Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

    NRA Endowment Member

  5. #25
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    And I do not think you are being mean or rude, I think we are having a frank discussion. I have no issues with frank discussions, even when I disagree with the stance of the person I am discussing with. This is what sets us apart from most liberals, maturity.
    I also feel the same way about this discussion.

    On getting to the proof you desire, I don't think that will ever occur as not one single court has yet to hear evidence on any of these cases, they have just rejected them all out of hand. Once the supremes rejected the Texas suit with the unconstitutional "discretion" argument, I knew the fix was truly in. Discretion was never supposed to be available to the court, per the constitution, the Supreme Court was to hear every case that made it through the lower courts (actually the constitution only directs that their be a supreme court, the lower courts were created later) they had no discretion to decide whether to take a case...that was invented from whole cloth by the Judiciary Act of 1925, which should have been challenged as being unconstitutional.

    If ever there was a suit in this matter that had direct standing, it is one that shows the people of one state were deprived of their vote by the actions of another state. At the very least the court should have heard the evidence and if there was not enough evidence of shenanigans, they should have so ruled. That they would fluff it off on discretion speaks volumes.

    Edited to add...

    Here's a pretty good opinion piece that sums up the state of our "so called" Supreme Court, along with Justice Thomas's dissention: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...tion_case.html

    Justice Thomas's full dissent can be read in this article: https://onevike.blogspot.com/2021/02...ion-fraud.html
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 02-23-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

  6. #26
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Back in the Pacific Northwest!
    Posts
    8,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I also feel the same way about this discussion.

    On getting to the proof you desire, I don't think that will ever occur as not one single court has yet to hear evidence on any of these cases, they have just rejected them all out of hand. Once the supremes rejected the Texas suit with the unconstitutional "discretion" argument, I knew the fix was truly in. Discretion was never supposed to be available to the court, per the constitution, the Supreme Court was to hear every case that made it through the lower courts (actually the constitution only directs that their be a supreme court, the lower courts were created later) they had no discretion to decide whether to take a case...that was invented from whole cloth by the Judiciary Act of 1925, which should have been challenged as being unconstitutional.

    If ever there was a suit in this matter that had direct standing, it is one that shows the people of one state were deprived of their vote by the actions of another state. At the very least the court should have heard the evidence and if there was not enough evidence of shenanigans, they should have so ruled. That they would fluff it off on discretion speaks volumes.

    Edited to add...

    Here's a pretty good opinion piece that sums up the state of our "so called" Supreme Court, along with Justice Thomas's dissention: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...tion_case.html

    Justice Thomas's full dissent can be read in this article: https://onevike.blogspot.com/2021/02...ion-fraud.html
    I read Justice Thomas' dissent already, and agree with much of what he wrote, especially regarding taking no action on these cases. As for evidence, as the evidence eventually came out showing Senator Franken had been fraudulently elected, I expect the same to happen here if it is available. What we need to do, if the evidence comes out, is make sure it is publicized. This was not done in the Franken case, the MSM buried it effectively. Not totally, but they kept us distracted so we didn't notice the small articles that said an election had indeed be stolen. By the way, I agree with your take on "standing" in this case. Each and every voter, no matter what state, and each state has standing in any election fraud state.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

    "HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

    I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

    Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

    NRA Endowment Member

  7. #27
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,916
    With the apparent success of their manipulation of this election, it is possible that they will get "complacent" in either the mid-terms in '22 or the next presidential election in '24, making them "sloppy".
    If they get sloppy enough, they will be found out and at least some of the people will take their revenge. A good example might be those union workers on the now cancelled Keystone pipeline and how Biden stabbed them in the back.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  8. #28
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I read Justice Thomas' dissent already, and agree with much of what he wrote, especially regarding taking no action on these cases. As for evidence, as the evidence eventually came out showing Senator Franken had been fraudulently elected, I expect the same to happen here if it is available. What we need to do, if the evidence comes out, is make sure it is publicized. This was not done in the Franken case, the MSM buried it effectively. Not totally, but they kept us distracted so we didn't notice the small articles that said an election had indeed be stolen. By the way, I agree with your take on "standing" in this case. Each and every voter, no matter what state, and each state has standing in any election fraud state.
    There will be no publication of any evidence (as there wasn't in the Franken election)...the fix is in...there was no fraud, no evidence, no concern...haven't you been listening to the MSM?

    If you don't realize that is concerning, I have no hope for your cognitive discernment.

    The soapbox is dead, the ballot box is dead...it's no longer about who votes, it's about who counts the votes. There IS only one box left. The part that truly dismays me is that our military has become so corrupt that they will not step up to the plate and save the republic. At least the Praetorian Guard, once upon a time, rose up and did their job.

    The question now is whether the military will side with the people, or the government once the next revolution begins. The reason the Soviet Union collapsed rather than erupting in civil war was that Yeltsin pleaded with the military not to fire on their own citizens...but that also set the stage for Putin.

    We are now at the same point, hence my pm to you regarding scuttlebutt behind the scenes...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

  9. #29
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    15,490
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    It sucks being wrong. Usually they resort to name calling at that point(nazi and white supremacist win the day now) but silence is golden.

    Being called a nazi is old hat (I should know). "White supremacist" is the new one.

    And, if saying that White Europeans built America and that all of our wealth, technology, accomplishments, art, music, culture and freedoms are due to their efforts makes me a "supremacist", then I proudly accept the label.

    Oh, I forgot... I think some black guy invented peanut butter. Gotta give credit where it's due.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

  10. #30
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    13,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Being called a nazi is old hat (I should know). "White supremacist" is the new one.

    And, if saying that White Europeans built America and that all of our wealth, technology, accomplishments, art, music, culture and freedoms are due to their efforts makes me a "supremacist", then I proudly accept the label.

    Oh, I forgot... I think some black guy invented peanut butter. Gotta give credit where it's due.
    Don't forget the black guy who designed DC and the black guys who invented RAP, and those clothes designers who developed wearing overly large pants with no belt. Those are accomplishments to be proud of.
    Last edited by alismith; 02-25-2021 at 07:10 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  11. #31
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,916
    John Harvey Kellogg filed a patent for peanut butter in 1895
    Meanwhile, the product that Carver supposedly invented had already made its way onto dining room tables by the mid-1890s. As detailed in Jon Krampner's Creamy & Crunchy: An Informal History of Peanut Butter, the All-American Food, credit for its existence can either go to physician John Harvey Kellogg, who filed its first patent, or snack food entrepreneur George A. Bayle, whose creation bears a stronger resemblance to today's ubiquitous spread.
    George Washington Carver created more than 300 products from the peanut plant but is often remembered for the one he didn't invent: peanut butter. The agricultural scientist is often given credit for "discovering" something that was already there. Still, his story fits nicely alongside the rise of peanut butter as a culinary favorite in the first decades of the 20th century, making him an appropriate symbol for this distinctly American specialty.
    https://www.biography.com/news/georg...-peanut-butter
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •