Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay, this is funny...Glock vs 1911

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Why is it always either or???

Just own both...I do.

Love the feel of a 1911 a true legend of the gun world and for good reason.....love the rugged simplicity and utter reliability of a Glock, actually owning one gives you a better understanding of why they are so popular.

Seriously we can all yuck it up and nit-pick but they are both great guns, both with pros and cons.

Obsolete antique or tupperware.....they both will do the job and are damn good at what they do.
    OBSOLETE??? How DARE you?

My old M1911 was made in 1920. Let's see if a 101 year old Glock still works....
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

My old M1911 was made in 1920. Let's see if a 101 year old Glock still works....
    Makes me think of that old Twilight Zone episode with Burgess Meredith, 'The Obsolete Man', who proved to the state that he was anything but obsolete.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

Got me a Rock island made in 2020....

....100 years later and 1911s are still going strong.

Yet there are those who always try to find some fault with anything they don't like...imagine that.

Wisdom comes from being able to appreciate the things you don't like....it's easy to like what you like.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Recently bought a Tisas Tanker model 1911 that I like very much...very nice fit and finish.

Don't own a glock, though I did once shoot one at a range where the owner let me put 10 rounds down range. I shot well with it, though all rounds hit a bit lower than where I was aimed...I essentially stitched a line just below the center bullseye, left to right. But it still felt like pointing a brick.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Recently bought a Tisas Tanker model 1911 that I like very much...very nice fit and finish.

Don't own a glock, though I did once shoot one at a range where the owner let me put 10 rounds down range. I shot well with it, though all rounds hit a bit lower than where I was aimed...I essentially stitched a line just below the center bullseye, left to right. But it still felt like pointing a brick.

The older Glocks were not the masters of ergonomics but the newer ones have interchangeable backstraps and they even make single-stack versions.

Personally though I have huge hands so they never bothered me and I like the way that big wide grip spreads the recoil, especially with some good hot 10mm loads. With all the new and improved versions I'm still a big fan of the Gen 3s.
    Last edited by weevil; 02-28-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Hey weevil...ever heard of an interwebz character who went by the name of learningman?

He had that same sig line decades ago...

Hey weevil...ever heard of an interwebz character who went by the name of learningman?

He had that same sig line decades ago...

No can't say as I have....don't remember where I heard that for sure anymore.

No can't say as I have....don't remember where I heard that for sure anymore.
    Maybe a site called Alientech's?

Makes me think of that old Twilight Zone episode with Burgess Meredith, 'The Obsolete Man', who proved to the state that he was anything but obsolete.
    I remember that one. Ended up that the "state" guy was judged obsolete and got what was coming to him.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Maybe a site called Alientech's?

No doesn't ring a bell but who knows I've been surfin' many moons might have been to that site but don't recall.

No doesn't ring a bell but who knows I've been surfin' many moons might have been to that site but don't recall.
    Alientech's was a site dedicated to hacking Direct TV cards, back when they could still be hacked.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Sorry but I will never give up my Hammer! H&K was wise when they added a Hammer to the USP Pistol!
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Alientech's was a site dedicated to hacking Direct TV cards, back when they could still be hacked.

For sure then no...I'm pretty sure I would remember that.

I believe in a kinder, gentler, more inclusive world. I have several of both!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Yes inclusion is good, but you shouldn't keep them in the same safe, one of my glocks has started to identify as a 1911; it's picky about ammo and jams every 15th round..
    Last edited by davepool; 03-03-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Yes inclusion is good, but you shouldn't keep them in the same safe, one of my glocks has started to identify as a 1911; it's picky about ammo and jams every 15th round..
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

There's one thing no Glock can ever do....

..look that frickin' gorgeous!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12