Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the subject of Ammo shortages...

On the subject of Ammo shortages...

I recently signed up with Fenix Ammunition for updates on availability...

They offered up 300,000 rounds of 9mm in various ball varieties on 2-25 at 10am Eastern time...

On the 26th I got an email from them with a number of Q and A exchanges based on that offering. One went as follows:

"Q: Did you actually list anything yesterday? Or, ever? I never seem to be able to get any ammo.

A: On February 25th we listed 300,000 total rounds listed at 10AM EST, just as we said we would. 100,000 9mm 115gr were sold in under 60 seconds; 100,000 9mm 147gr were sold in under 110 seconds; 100,000 9mm 124gr were sold in 2 minutes and 45 seconds.

Our last inventory update on February 11th took approximately five minutes to sell the same quantity of ammunition. So far in 2020 we have posted four separate inventory updates totaling 1.2 million rounds which have lasted a combined total of 20 minutes. We do not expect things to change in the near future."

On the subject of defensive ammo, frangible, HP came this offering:

"Q: Where is the defensive 9mm ammo?

A: We likely will not have defensive ammo available for at least a year. We cannot get the projectiles we need from Speer. We are looking into sourcing our own independently manufactured projectile, but this is a process that will take time, and we have many other issues that require our attention at this moment."

There were a number of other Q/A's, but these two I think were the most illuminative for us moving forward.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Wow. The Commucrats know how to create demands on firearms and ammo. Go figure.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Wow. The Commucrats know how to create demands on firearms and ammo. Go figure.....
    Be glad we can still get guns and ammo, unlike some other countries.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Crazy times we live in.

I don't even want to know the price

This has spawned an interest in reloading and dies are becoming scarce as well as everything else to reload with

The future does not look bright, i just hope there is ANY THING for sale 2 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Crazy times we live in.

I don't even want to know the price

This has spawned an interest in reloading and dies are becoming scarce as well as everything else to reload with

The future does not look bright, i just hope there is ANY THING for sale 2 years from now.
    Components are scarce and I can't find PRIMERS of any kind for any price. So Reloading sounds nice until you realize that you're in the same boat as folks who can't get completed ammo. No Primers, No powder, no Brass and no bullets or a combination of any of those missing makes reloading impossible.

I hope this RED PILLS enough Americans. Remember for ALL the Democrats vote fraud, they STILL only managed to 'win' (even if you buy the narrative' by a slim amount across the board. Now that we're all looking for it, I hope several things happen. We primary all RINOs and get in firebrand Republicans. That is already happening. We already know what their schemes are so we fight to eliminate their mail in voting scams. We were caught off guard because NO ONE was expecting such a brazen and dishonest display. Like after 911, now we're looking for the sneak attack. I know we have some guys here who are totally BLACKPILLEd (aka all is lost). I don't care. I'm hearing a lot of stuff that gives me hope. Sure it's going to be ROUGH GOING and we're going to have to be tough, but then if we don't have a bunch of cowards (you guys who don't help fight the LIBS know who you are) I think we can slowly start beating them back. If anything if the GOP manages to take the HOUSE and SENATE in 2022, then the panick buying will decrease.

I just have to remember NOT to get complacent like I did AFter the last ammo panic.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

It's different this time. I suspect there is no going back to the old normal. This new normal sucks.

I just have to remember NOT to get complacent like I did AFter the last ammo panic.

Im' glad that i stocked up on components last time, i reload a lot so i went on a panic buying spree.(took a lot of crap from my wife) "for buying stuff i didn't need"
    I was taking inventory yesterday and found a big box full of primers and bullets i had completely forgotten about(probably cause i had to hide them from her), can't be sure when i bought them, but the price tags were still on them, had boxes of CCI BR4 small rifle match primers i paid $34/1000 for

One thing for sure, we will never see those prices again, if they do become readily available again the price will probably be around$100/1000
    Last edited by davepool; 02-28-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Wonder if the time would be right to start a ammo plant.....
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Wonder if the time would be right to start a ammo plant.....
    Can't find seeds either

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Remember the shocking price of .50 BMG at $1.00 per round?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Remember the shocking price of .50 BMG at $1.00 per round?
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I very well remember the first time I saw .50 BMG with a $1.00 per round tag on it. Am blown away seeing a brick of .22LR selling for $60 and up these crazy days.

I delivered 8429 lbs of Federal ammo to Shooting Shop in Clarksville today. They said it was all sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I delivered 8429 lbs of Federal ammo to Shooting Shop in Clarksville today. They said it was all sold.
    Damn!!! When's your next load and where's the best place ambush your truck!!!
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Lol. I never know. Sometimes I deliver to the Barrett factory, sometimes to the Baretta plant. I never know.
    Shooting shop said it was all sold already. I'm nicely stocked, but not forever as often as I like to shoot.
    Glad I also stocked up plenty of BBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Lol. I never know. Sometimes I deliver to the Barrett factory, sometimes to the Baretta plant. I never know.
    Shooting shop said it was all sold already. I'm nicely stocked, but not forever as often as I like to shoot.
    Glad I also stocked up plenty of BBs.
    Crap...you're no help at all for conniving minds!! LOL

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

I bought a Soviet spam can of 7.62x38R (something like 1100 rounds) for about $300 recently. That will keep me shooting a couple times a month for a while without tapping into my 9mm and other more useful stuff.

Also, if you are not familiar with the M1895 Nagant Revolver that fires that oddball ammo, it's the easiest pistol ever to clean. Since the bullets are seated into the case, and the case extends all the way to the end of the chambers in the cylinder, there is no fouling in the cylinder after firing. Just clean the bore and oil the pistol and you're good to go. Light recoil, easy to shoot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895

Was in WallyWorld yesterday and the clerk told me they got a shipment of ammo in the day before. It was gone in less than half an hour.

I went to a different one today and they had 3 100 round boxes of 12 Ga. #7 1/2 shot shells and a box of 25 #4 shot 20 gauge shells. I bought the 20 gauge shells.

Gonna go back tomorrow and see if they still have any of those 7 1/2 shells left. If so, I'm gonna pick up a box of those. Should have done that today when I saw them.

Other than that, I haven't seen anything else recently.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Was in WallyWorld yesterday and the clerk told me they got a shipment of ammo in the day before. It was gone in less than half an hour.

I went to a different one today and they had 3 100 round boxes of 12 Ga. #7 1/2 shot shells and a box of 25 #4 shot 20 gauge shells. I bought the 20 gauge shells.

Gonna go back tomorrow and see if they still have any of those 7 1/2 shells left. If so, I'm gonna pick up a box of those. Should have done that today when I saw them.

Other than that, I haven't seen anything else recently.
    You inspired me to get there today. I almost went yesterday but figured it would be a waste of time
    They had about a dozen of those 100 rd 7 1/2 and 8's.
    Picked up two of each (limit 4 boxes per customer) @ 22.76 a piece not bad really
    Grabbed some clays too along with some co2 cartridges and .177 bb's
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    You inspired me to get there today. I almost went yesterday but figured it would be a waste of time
    They had about a dozen of those 100 rd 7 1/2 and 8's.
    Picked up two of each (limit 4 boxes per customer) @ 22.76 a piece not bad really
    Grabbed some clays too along with some co2 cartridges and .177 bb's
    I returned to the one that had the 100 packs of #7 1/2 and they were all gone.... Not surprising, really. Wish I had picked them up yesterday.... I'll keep checking.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast