Thread: Looking for a Photo from the Yugoslavian Breakup and Civil War from the 90's.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation Looking for a Photo from the Yugoslavian Breakup and Civil War from the 90's.

Perhaps you all have a better Memory than I do. I can't seem to find the Photo I recall seeing splattered all over the World. During the War with Serbians, Croatian, and Bosnia. I have forgotten, there was a Couple of Kid's who were trying to leave their Town, to start a New Life together. He was Serbian Christian, and she was Croatian Muslim. The were Gun downed on the Streets by Snipers. as they tried to Leave. There is a Famous Sad Photo of the 2 of them in an Embrace, where they fell on the Road. I would like to know who they were, and if some one can find the Photo, please post here. The snipers were out of Control in that horrible War. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

"Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Yea that's it! Damn that Sniper! They were just a couple of Kid's trying to start a new Life somewhere safe. How Sad! When this happened Yugoslavia was no longer part of Europe, just a Feuding 3rd World Nation, like some parts of Africa. I happened to remember it. War is always Hell! Thank you for posting this. Paul.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

to one side he was an infidel. to the other she was. i doubt in that part of the world old scores will never be settled, nor old scars heal.

Selco talks extensively about such sniper crossfire areas...sick motherfuckers who killed just because of the breakdown in society, and because they could...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I recommend this movie:

Shot Through the Heart (1998)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0171741/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

I’ll second this film.^^^^^^^^^^

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Selco talks extensively about such sniper crossfire areas...sick motherfuckers who killed just because of the breakdown in society, and because they could...
    I was thinking about this yesterday. This was not done by a "sniper" but by a murderer who enjoyed killing people just because he/she enjoyed it. Didn't matter who, it was about the killing.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I was thinking about this yesterday. This was not done by a "sniper" but by a murderer who enjoyed killing people just because he/she enjoyed it. Didn't matter who, it was about the killing.
    You are correct in all but one thing...it was done by snipers/sniping...that was one method the sick murderers who enjoyed killing people employed during the Yugoslavian SHTF.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!