Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: HR1

  1. #1
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Back in the Pacific Northwest!
    Posts
    8,152

    HR1

    Sent this to my Senators concerning HR1. It is a horrendous bill.

    Please do not support HR1, the deceptively named “For the People Act of 2021.” This bill is not “for the people" as it violates at least two sections of the Constitution, Article 1, clause 4 and the First Amendment right to freedom of speech and freedom of the press. It does this by taking control of the administration of state elections required by Article 1, clause 4 by the federal government. It also makes the federal government responsible for determining what is and is not political speech. If that was not enough, this bill also attempts to codify into law that Washington DC should be granted statehood and that the Supreme Court was wrong in its ruling in Citizens United. These last two things have no place in any law, or any administrative record passed out of Congress. There are already avenues to take up both issues, law is not among them.
    Very Respectfully,
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

    "HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

    I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

    Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

    NRA Endowment Member

  2. #2
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    5,912
    Demoncrat or Rethuglican senators?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

  3. #3
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Back in the Pacific Northwest!
    Posts
    8,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Demoncrat or Rethuglican senators?
    Washington state, so Democrat. I hope that I educate their staff though. My sister worked for Maria Cantwell in DC for a few years. She said she was a liberal but she left that job as a conservative, at least much more conservative than she was, in part because of well written, non-angry letters and communications explaining why Cantwell's positions were unconstitutional and bad for the country.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

    "HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

    I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

    Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

    NRA Endowment Member

  4. #4
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Posts
    944
    I wrote to my reps and fortunately, being from SC, both are opposed to it. However, this one REALLY worries me. Losing elections I can handle (the 2020 election was dodgy at best, likely much worse) but HR1 / S1 put simply tilts the scales to the leftists.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    5,912
    HR1 is just window dressing to make it seem what they did in Nov. (and the GA runoffs) was perfectly fine, make it now legal.

    The commies no longer care who votes, only who counts the votes.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

  6. #6
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,947
    Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Washington state, so Democrat. I hope that I educate their staff though. My sister worked for Maria Cantwell in DC for a few years. She said she was a liberal but she left that job as a conservative, at least much more conservative than she was, in part because of well written, non-angry letters and communications explaining why Cantwell's positions were unconstitutional and bad for the country.
    Same here. "Tricky Dicky" Durbin and Tammy "Duckworthless".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  7. #7
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,228
    Why waste my time?

    Both senators are Dems....Bennet is the poster-boy for liberal stooges and Lickenpooper is a gutless weasel...they will do as they're told and not ask questions.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  8. #8
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,542
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Why waste my time?

    Both senators are Dems....Bennet is the poster-boy for liberal stooges and Lickenpooper is a gutless weasel...they will do as they're told and not ask questions.
    Those of us with ANTI GUN Democrats have the freedom NOT to do anything because our voices will never be listened to. THOSE OF YOU GUYS in wobbly states where your senators can be swayed, you had BETTER let them know what you think! The reason why stuff doesn't go our way MANY TIMES is because these people can only hear the screeching voices of the anti gunners. Pro gunners have this annoying tendency to stay quiet. Well if you stay quiet, no one knows what you think and they can't get a handle on what their own voters want them to do.

    Seriously. It's a lot about them wondering what their own VOTERS want. They want to stay in office. I've heard too many stories about politicians who LOST re-election because they said they listened to the wrong people as to 'what was a popular consensus'. After The Democrats lost control of Congress in 1994, a lot of them lamented that the MEDIA lied to them, telling them that Gun Control was a winner. Well the media doesn't care what politician they lie to and who loses their seat. The Media, like most commucrats, just wants the guns banned. They don't care how many foolish or naive politicians they throw under the bus after they've served their purpose.

  9. #9
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Back in the Pacific Northwest!
    Posts
    8,152
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Those of us with ANTI GUN Democrats have the freedom NOT to do anything because our voices will never be listened to. THOSE OF YOU GUYS in wobbly states where your senators can be swayed, you had BETTER let them know what you think! The reason why stuff doesn't go our way MANY TIMES is because these people can only hear the screeching voices of the anti gunners. Pro gunners have this annoying tendency to stay quiet. Well if you stay quiet, no one knows what you think and they can't get a handle on what their own voters want them to do.

    Seriously. It's a lot about them wondering what their own VOTERS want. They want to stay in office. I've heard too many stories about politicians who LOST re-election because they said they listened to the wrong people as to 'what was a popular consensus'. After The Democrats lost control of Congress in 1994, a lot of them lamented that the MEDIA lied to them, telling them that Gun Control was a winner. Well the media doesn't care what politician they lie to and who loses their seat. The Media, like most commucrats, just wants the guns banned. They don't care how many foolish or naive politicians they throw under the bus after they've served their purpose.
    Exactly. And why I spend time on these things knowing that my representation doesn't care. It is to help those states where the representation does care.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

    "HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

    I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

    Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

    NRA Endowment Member

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •