Thread: One is None

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I have two other sources for heat if the electricity goes off or the gas tank runs empty. Two large kerosene heaters and a small propane tank heater like the one in the article. Had to use all of this in the past when the electricity went off for two days one winter. I managed to keep the living areas fairly warm.

As far as water goes, I have extra gallons stored up and have a couple of filter straws and a small water distilling set-up.

I have extra matches and a lot of non-match fire starter items.

Pretty good article.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Let's see - no basement so no water barrel. Wood burning fireplace insert (mine ran 24/7 for 13 days in Feb.), portable generator for powering microwave, fridge, 1500 W space heater, furnace blower, catalytic heater that clamps directly to the handle/neck of a 20 lb. tank, white gas camping stove & 2 double mantel lanterns (1 is propane) (light & heat), kerosene lamps, candles of various sizes, 3 kinds of matches as well as multiple butane lighters, homemade firestarters made from dryer lint and paraffin in paper egg carton & cut up and 1 TP tube flattened & folded in half, then stuffed inside another, usually with a paper towel with paraffin on it stuffed in the middle.
    NO cans of Sterno or water filters so I may consider the latter.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Let's see - no basement so no water barrel. Wood burning fireplace insert (mine ran 24/7 for 13 days in Feb.), portable generator for powering microwave, fridge, 1500 W space heater, furnace blower, catalytic heater that clamps directly to the handle/neck of a 20 lb. tank, white gas camping stove & 2 double mantel lanterns (1 is propane) (light & heat), kerosene lamps, candles of various sizes, 3 kinds of matches as well as multiple butane lighters, homemade firestarters made from dryer lint and paraffin in paper egg carton & cut up and 1 TP tube flattened & folded in half, then stuffed inside another, usually with a paper towel with paraffin on it stuffed in the middle.
    NO cans of Sterno or water filters so I may consider the latter.
    I use dryer lint sprayed with WD-40 and kept in a sandwich baggie. Lights right up as soon as a spark hits it.

Always wanted a generator but since I'm moving to another state sometime by next fall, can't see getting one right now.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars