Thread: North Carolina?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

North Carolina?

Anyone here live in NC, or lived there in the past?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm planning on getting out of this Commucrat-controlled state and spend my remaining years in a more gun-friendly state and one where everyday has the opportunity of being an adventure.

Where I live now, there isn't much to do except go to the beach and swim in the ocean, or boat and fish in the nearby bay, or canoe and fish in the river. I don't do the beach or the bay because I burn real easily and have had melanomas on my ears from the sun.

I'm planning on moving to western NC somewhere near Boone. That way I can walk mountain trails, woods walk, canoe and fish in streams or small rivers, hunt, shoot, go to a nearby city and shop or do other things.

I've had enough of the ocean and flat lands.

NC's gun laws are far superior to MD's and MD is getting ready to pass more useless, idiotic gun control laws. I've had enough. Even our Republican Governor is a RINO (which is why he was elected to a second term....).

So, whatever you know about NC, good or bad, please, let me know. My wife and I are going to make a few 3-4 day trips around there to see how things are and hopefully, pick out a place to live.

I hope to be out of here by late Summer or early Fall.

Starting to downsize and box things up now.

Thanks for your replies.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

it looks like a lot of nc is going purple to blue. i'd stay away from the coast. right now their govenor is a yellow belly, nose up pelosi/biden's butt, demorat.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    it looks like a lot of nc is going purple to blue. i'd stay away from the coast. right now their govenor is a yellow belly, nose up pelosi/biden's butt, demorat.
    I've always lived near the coast. I've had enough of that. And, I've had enough of flatland.

Boone, or surrounding areas, is in the foothills of the Appalachians and close enough to them to do some mountain climbing. I've climbed Grandfather Mountain years ago and Peaks of Otter, in VA, right after high school. Both have fairly easy foot trails to follow. I'm not into climbing up sheer cliff walls, etc. Just leisurely trips up an down following the trails.

Western NC looks like it has far more outdoor activities available than does the eastern side of MD.

Like I said, gonna go down there in a few weeks and look around and talk to people.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars