Thread: Gunbroker selling prices of SAR-3 and MAK-90!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

Gunbroker selling prices of SAR-3 and MAK-90!

Never dreamed I would see these prices, and these are bids, not asking prices!

SAR-3 https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896404599

MAK-90 https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896396779

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I modified my Sar3 into an underfolder. Wonder what I can get?

Another SAR-3 up to $1433. This as the correct front sight block and muzzle brake but still!!!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896411030

I made the mistake of looking at Chinese AKs and can't believe what they are selling for! Not asking price but actual bid prices!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Another SAR-3 up to $1433. This as the correct front sight block and muzzle brake but still!!!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896411030

I made the mistake of looking at Chinese AKs and can't believe what they are selling for! Not asking price but actual bid prices!
    My SAR 3 didn't have a muzzle brake when I bought it brand new. Were they after the 94-2004 ban?

Century in their infinite stupidity cut the threads off the front sight of both the SAR-3 and SAR-2 even though ATF gave them a letter of approval because there were no flash hiders in the 22mm thread size and therefore they were ok. So during the clinton ban it was ok to retro-fit the front sight with brake.

There was a company that imported the front sight base with the threads as well as is't AK-74 brake. Not sure but I think someone has made or is still making look-alike sight bases.

Hhmm?
    I have a Norinco AK that is the milled receiver, not the stamped one. I also have a pinned-on flash hider on the barrel, the 3 - 5 rd magazines it came with, 4 - 40 rd mags, and 2 - 75 rd. magazines. I also have about 1,500 rds. of mixed ammo (FMJ, JHP, & PSP) with the first 2 being in the green lacquered steel cases and the PSP in brass. It is a thumbhole stock, painted chocolate brown and I have shot it.

What I would like to here from you is your estimation of the value of all of this. What do you think that is worth?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Century in their infinite stupidity cut the threads off the front sight of both the SAR-3 and SAR-2 even though ATF gave them a letter of approval because there were no flash hiders in the 22mm thread size and therefore they were ok. So during the clinton ban it was ok to retro-fit the front sight with brake.

There was a company that imported the front sight base with the threads as well as is't AK-74 brake. Not sure but I think someone has made or is still making look-alike sight bases.
    Okay That makes sense, they were worried about grenade launchers or something. I had a SAR-2 as one of two of the first guns i came home with after my wife said "we'll never have A gun in the house". You have a great memory my friend. Don't know if you remember federal arms down in the twin cities of MN. Bought a FA91 and SAR2 as my first guns in person. Sadly they are defunct for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Hhmm?
    I have a Norinco AK that is the milled receiver, not the stamped one. I also have a pinned-on flash hider on the barrel, the 3 - 5 rd magazines it came with, 4 - 40 rd mags, and 2 - 75 rd. magazines. I also have about 1,500 rds. of mixed ammo (FMJ, JHP, & PSP) with the first 2 being in the green lacquered steel cases and the PSP in brass. It is a thumbhole stock, painted chocolate brown and I have shot it.

What I would like to here from you is your estimation of the value of all of this. What do you think that is worth?
    Milled MAK-90s are selling in the $1000 to $1500 but I expect that to continue up as the original Poly Tech Legend has gotten to the unbelievable range. The 75 round drums are selling for $200 each these days, and while I haven't seen prices on the 40 rounders, if Chinese I would guess them to be at or near $100 each.

As for the ammo, with the crazy prices these days which seem to be becoming the normal, I suggest checking some of the online sellers for their current prices on 76.2x39 even if out of stock. And I wouldn't be surprised to find people willing to pay more just to have some. Check Natchez, Target Sports, and gun-deals.com/ammo .

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Okay That makes sense, they were worried about grenade launchers or something. I had a SAR-2 as one of two of the first guns i came home with after my wife said "we'll never have A gun in the house". You have a great memory my friend. Don't know if you remember federal arms down in the twin cities of MN. Bought a FA91 and SAR2 as my first guns in person. Sadly they are defunct for many years.
    Yes I remember Federal Arms and yes it is too bad they are out of business.