Thread: In need of help.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

In need of help.

I’ve been away for awhile, mostly because of work. Very busy with that but life happens and I’m in need of help.

My wife on March 29th was admitted to the Methodist Specialty Transplant Hospital San Antonio Texas with a life threatening flesh eating infection. She’s had three surgeries since and is scheduled for a forth one Monday morning April 5th. Things are grave but improving slowly. I’ve got two fund raisers going to help with bills (car payments, rent etc) I’ve been here with here everyday from 7-9 with little sleep between. She’s sedated, intubated and hooked up to more machines than I’ve ever seen. This is surreal to me. We’ve gotten some help from family and will continue to receive help. So much for me to do to ensure her recovery will be taken care of. She’s going to need me once’s she’s out of the woods, right now she’s in the ICU. I’ve got people praying all over the country and even south of the border. Please pray for her. Help me spread the word of these fund raisers. By no means do I expect anyone here to donate. However I would be grateful for any help at all. Thank you

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/donate/1566...e=external_url

gofundme: https://gofund.me/f840eabe
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

That is terrifying AK...prayers sent sir, most fervently.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    That is terrifying AK...prayers sent sir, most fervently.
    thank you, this has been an ordeal for the kids and family and for for my wife.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Prayers out. I'll be happy to help, but I use a credit card as little as possible on the net. PM me your email account you use for paypal and I'll paypal you or if you don't use paypal, send me an address to send a check.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Prayers out. I'll be happy to help, but I use a credit card as little as possible on the net. PM me your email account you use for paypal and I'll paypal you or if you don't use paypal, send me an address to send a check.
    PM sent and thank you

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

Prayers Sent.
    We're dealing with first of the month bills and land payment right now, will hit your gofund.me next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeard View Post
    Prayers Sent.
    We're dealing with first of the month bills and land payment right now, will hit your gofund.me next week.
    no worries, share the links and the prayers are appreciated

14 days in 5 surgeries and 3 different procedures to help her out. She is making slow but steady progress. She has 2 surgeries scheduled for this week. The infection has been stopped and now begins the closing of her wounds. We have a long haul to go. For those of you that posted or just read and chose to not comment then you for the well wishes and prayers. I expected nothing to come of this.

Time for an update, my wife has endured a total of 10 surgeries to mend her body. The infection is gone but 35% of necrotic tissue has been removed. Reconstruction is nearly done. She has orders to be moved from ICU. She’s been there 5 weeks. PT has began but it is slow process. She hasn’t had a real meal in this amount of time. She is really making good headway. She’s stronger than any person I’ve known. Her personality hasn’t been affected by this. She is a true miracle! The prayers and skills of her surgeons and care givers are proof of this. Thank you to all that have helped with prayers and financial assistance, it will not be forgotten.

So here we are 7 weeks into this ordeal and 11 surgeries with more to come. My wife is mending well enough at a slow pace. She's beaten the infection now comes recovery and rehabilitation. We've started to get the first round of bills and I'm beginning to send out the first payments. Were still trying to raise a little more funds to help out with her lack of income coming in to cover other expenses. Thank you to everyone that has helped out with donations and prayers.

Very glad to hear the wife is on the mend AK. I wish I could be of more help than prayers, but currently I'm just getting by. Unfortunately in the area I'm living in, I'm the epitome of all that's wrong with the world (old white man) and can't get a good job in the field I'm most qualified for, so instead I have to labor in more menial fashion to keep the bills paid.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Very glad to hear the wife is on the mend AK. I wish I could be of more help than prayers, but currently I'm just getting by. Unfortunately in the area I'm living in, I'm the epitome of all that's wrong with the world (old white man) and can't get a good job in the field I'm most qualified for, so instead I have to labor in more menial fashion to keep the bills paid.
    no worries my man, prayers do help. My faith in god has been renewed and strengthened. I wish you all the best.

Update, a 12th surgery is planned for Friday to rework some things that didn’t hold. She is doing well, infection defeated now for the healing. Thank you to everyone for the prayers and donations.

update: my wife is home and recovering with the help of home health and physical therapy.