Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Interesting Video on the Ammo Shortage - things may be getting better soon (I hope)

  1. #1
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,567

    Interesting Video on the Ammo Shortage - things may be getting better soon (I hope)

    Though I take all promo videos from ammo manufacturers with a grain of salt, I myself did NOT KNOW that Remington Ammo (one of the largest ammo makers in the US) was not really make much ammo this last year, due to Remington going through Bankruptcy. Now that they've been bought out and new management is ramping up with new employees and now they have the money capital to start getting raw materials from suppliers again, this does sound like it's good news for ammo availability. Let's keep our fingers crossed.


  2. #2
    Senior Member NAPOTS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Though I take all promo videos from ammo manufacturers with a grain of salt, I myself did NOT KNOW that Remington Ammo (one of the largest ammo makers in the US) was not really make much ammo this last year, due to Remington going through Bankruptcy. Now that they've been bought out and new management is ramping up with new employees and now they have the money capital to start getting raw materials from suppliers again, this does sound like it's good news for ammo availability. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

    Talk about missing the boat. How much profit do you think they missed out on?

  3. #3
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    15,547
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Though I take all promo videos from ammo manufacturers with a grain of salt, I myself did NOT KNOW that Remington Ammo (one of the largest ammo makers in the US) was not really make much ammo this last year, due to Remington going through Bankruptcy. Now that they've been bought out and new management is ramping up with new employees and now they have the money capital to start getting raw materials from suppliers again, this does sound like it's good news for ammo availability. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

    Oh goodie we will be able to buy Remington ThunderDud .22 ammo!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

  4. #4
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    4,260
    Aw come on, that stuff gives you tons of practice on malfunction drills

  5. #5
    Administrator imanaknut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Posts
    11,338
    Let's hope that with new management and new employees their quality will be much better.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Let's hope that with new management and new employees their quality will be much better.
    Well, Quality control is the first to go when a company is floundering under debt, bad management and bad financial decisions. I'm not surprised that at the nadir of their financial woes, their QC went to shit. It's pathetic when your raw metals suppliers from overseas won't even ship you stuff because you're so late on payments.....

    I just want decent quality ammo to start ramping up. Another big manufacturer churning out ammo domestically is a good thing.

    I'm wondering, what all the FOREIGN ammo makers are thinking. Sadly, the stupid COVID lockdowns are world wide. So other countries can't just start increasing their exports to the US because they too have been shut down (or forced to work at 30% capacity).

    It's like the COVID was the best Christmas gift to the Democrats or something.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    15,719
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Aw come on, that stuff gives you tons of practice on malfunction drills
    heh!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •