Thread: Taiwan is in the News!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation Taiwan is in the News!

Mostly last Night on Fox. Knowing that Biden is useless, the PRC may try to take her back into the Country. I doubt that worn out old Fart would help them. The V.P. is making all his decisions anyway. However Taiwan, does have a strong Military. If they take the Country, I wonder if they would use the old Name of Formosa again.
    This sort of reminds me of that Week in Feb. 79, when the PLA, Invaded Vietnam. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Taiwan should initiate a scorched earth policy if the commucunts do attack. Of course they should fight back with everything they have, but when things start going the way they are likely to, they should have in place a means of destroying everything of value in the country...every factory, bridge, road...and they should let the commies know that's the plan if they over run the country.

Would China really want an island that they then had to rebuild from the nuts and bolts on up?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Taiwan should initiate a scorched earth policy if the commucunts do attack. Of course they should fight back with everything they have, but when things start going the way they are likely to, they should have in place a means of destroying everything of value in the country...every factory, bridge, road...and they should let the commies know that's the plan if they over run the country.

Would China really want an island that they then had to rebuild from the nuts and bolts on up?
    I doubt that would dissuade them at all. All they really want is conquest and land. They have enough slave labor, raw materials, and manufacturing facilities to rebuild it the way they want.

To any Communist, the main goal is power and territory. All else is secondary and collateral.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Part of what they want is all that infrastructure within the tech industry, since that industrial capacity added to their own would give them a significant leg up on chip, computer, etc. dominance.

Take that possibility out of the equation and suddenly you're left with an island of millions to feed and no infrastructure. My belief is that a great majority of Taiwanese would rather starve than become a part of China proper...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Part of what they want is all that infrastructure within the tech industry, since that industrial capacity added to their own would give them a significant leg up on chip, computer, etc. dominance.

Take that possibility out of the equation and suddenly you're left with an island of millions to feed and no infrastructure. My belief is that a great majority of Taiwanese would rather starve than become a part of China proper...
    Cannot argue with any of this. Makes perfect sense and is, probably, right.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Already predicted this, it will happen and the Biden crime family beholden by China will do nothing.

Would not the Taiwanese be better off by costing the ChiComs some of their valuable real estate? Some major port cities like Hong Kong or Shanghai, etc.? If they have the capability, maybe they could just take out the CCP headquarters (Peking ?).
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Unfortunately, all info suggests they are invested in defense, rather than offense. Offense would have served them better...missiles designed to strike every major city on the coast, and inland would have been the most advantageous...

Once again, a "take no prisoners" "we'll shit down your throat" position would have given the mainland more pause.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 04-15-2021 at 04:29 PM.