Thread: Found Some Ammo

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Found Some Ammo

Went to WalMart today to get some new headlights for my truck. As the automotive section is right next to sporting goods I stopped in to see if they had anything. While the shelves were mostly bare, they did have some .243 and .270 WIN, a couple of boxes of each. I bought a .270 a couple of months ago and have been on the lookout for ammo, so I picked up the 2 boxes they had. And the price was not outlandish! I think it was a couple of bucks higher than normal, but still only paid about a buck a round. I have been seeing people selling .270 on Gunbroker for $2.50 a round! Now, to see how that rifle shoots!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Stopped by one of my favorite gun stores in DE today and she (the owner) had just gotten a shipment of .357 Mags in. She had 10 boxes on the counter she was sticking prices to and I asked her how much she wanted for them. She looked up the invoice and said $37/box, but since I was buying a rifle mag from her she said I could have it for $35. While more than I wanted to spend, I bought one box because they are similar to finding hen's teeth around here.

Since I haven't shot the rifle since I bought it, and probably won't for some time to come, the small amount I have now should be enough to tide me over for a while.

While in Boone, NC last week, I did pick up two boxes of .30-30 and two boxes of CCI .22's. Don't really need any more .22's but I just couldn't help my self.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

What kinda rifle?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blobman View Post
    What kinda rifle?
    Rossi Model 92.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars