Thread: Do Not Fool With Old Ammo

Do Not Fool With Old Ammo

Dunno if the bore was plugged but he sure paid a price for that shot.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Bolo bean?

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Dunno if the bore was plugged but he sure paid a price for that shot.
    Did you even watch the video? He established that the bore was CLEAR prior to the hot load of that 50 SLAP round. He showed the projectile imbedded in the hydrant from the previous shot. the bore was clear. this was definitely a hot load (aka probably double powder).

In the clip I saw at a different forum, that lucky man said that they estimated the PSI at (IIRC) 85,000 PSI instead of the normal 50,000 psi.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Did you even watch the video? He established that the bore was CLEAR prior to the hot load of that 50 SLAP round. He showed the projectile imbedded in the hydrant from the previous shot. the bore was clear. this was definitely a hot load (aka probably double powder).
    I watched the video more than once, I was thinking perhaps not all the round made it to the target, or perhaps something left behind by the previous round had something to do with it.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"