Thread: L2A3 STERLING SUBMACHINE GUN - STAR OF THE BLOODY BATTLE FOR GOOSE GREEN

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post L2A3 STERLING SUBMACHINE GUN - STAR OF THE BLOODY BATTLE FOR GOOSE GREEN

After today, it's all historical.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I thought they had a lot of FAL's?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Beautiful Weapon, just not Left Handed Friendly! You could put your Right Hand on the Barrel Shroud, but I think it would get Hot. and yes the beautiful FN-FAL. Still the top 7.62NATO Assault Rifle in the World. Noticed they stop making that lousy FNC. I wish the World had never followed our lead into the 5.56mm World. Even Kalashnikov tried to tell the Russians there was no need for the AK-74. Just like the .45APC, People all over the World will never give up their 30 Caliber Rifles. Just like there will always be AKM's all over the World. Remember how H&K had to rebuild the British Army's L-85! Why someone would want a Bull-Pup is beyond me! Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I have an AT and unconstitutional F approved L2A3 and after a bit of rework to get it operational, it is one very enjoyable rifle to shoot. I would post a photo but our site host is toast and I am not posting a firearm on a potentially anti-firearm photo host.

Very cool inertial firing pin set up.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Hey Nut! Are we ever going to be able to post Photos again? I am talking also from our Computer. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Hey Nut! Are we ever going to be able to post Photos again? I am talking also from our Computer. Paul

As I understand it, the current site host, vBulletin cannot host photos. I am on other sites that upgraded to another site host and have no problem there. I am afraid that because of how small this once great site had become, upgrading is not financially possible.

Hard to believe at one time there was a widget at the bottom of the page that showed where the site ranked on the net. There was quite a long period where Gunsnet was number one or two.