Thread: What's Happened To Metals?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

What's Happened To Metals?

Was going to buy a few more 1 oz. copper rounds from two dealers I deal with and when I went to the copper page, ALL of the copper was out of stock. Then, I checked the prices and they've almost doubled since I last bought some.

I can understand gold and silver going up in price, but why is copper almost non-existent and why have the prices skyrocketed?

Is this all part of Idiot Joe's "Build Back Better?"
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

People are trying to get out of dollars and into something that won't soon be worthless. These are scary times my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    People are trying to get out of dollars and into something that won't soon be worthless. These are scary times my friend.
    Actually this is more due to the plandemic disrupting supply and transport of goods, all so they can 'Build Back Better' (aka destroy the economy and enslave the world).
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Time to divest of metals and invest in wood. I have dime baggies of pine shavings for $15.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 05-05-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Time to divest of metals and invest in wood. I have dime baggies of pine shavings for $15.

they might be selling gunpowder like that soon

Sadly, the stupid COVID has impacted ALL industry world wide. If anything, the metal industries from ALL foreign nations have seen their output CUT by 66% because they are either restricted by law or company regulations to about 30% capacity (COVID distancing, etc). I talked to a friend in Europe and asked if they could 'fill the gap' of American ammo shortages, but even THEY can't up their output considering that for the past year, they've been either shut down or forced to 30% capacity.

The entire COVID pandemic has been a GODSEND to Democrats. It allowed them to TANK Trump's economy, to ram through leftwing policies, to make buying guns/ammo almost impossible, to CHEAT an election. It's almost like CHINA released COVID 19 as a GIFT to the Democrats (and other liberals around the world) in order to force lockdowns and seize power.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Sadly, the stupid COVID has impacted ALL industry world wide. If anything, the metal industries from ALL foreign nations have seen their output CUT by 66% because they are either restricted by law or company regulations to about 30% capacity (COVID distancing, etc). I talked to a friend in Europe and asked if they could 'fill the gap' of American ammo shortages, but even THEY can't up their output considering that for the past year, they've been either shut down or forced to 30% capacity.

The entire COVID pandemic has been a GODSEND to Democrats. It allowed them to TANK Trump's economy, to ram through leftwing policies, to make buying guns/ammo almost impossible, to CHEAT an election. It's almost like CHINA released COVID 19 as a GIFT to the Democrats (and other liberals around the world) in order to force lockdowns and seize power.
    ummm maybe

It's a good thing I have about 20' of 1/2" copper pipe lying around.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”