Well as you know I recently acquired a beagle and this has heightened my interest in rabbit hunting beyond what it already was. Anyway I've taken the dog out on 5 different occasions to 3 different sites and while Lucy for the most part is doing a good job all things considered, I haven't seen many rabbits, haven't seen many quail either. So, after getting a little flummoxed over this, and after wondering just what the deal was, I decided to call the Conservation Dept and quiz them on the topic, I'm glad I did. What they told me was that due to the rain we had all summer long, it did rain much more than usual, that all ground dwelling animals such as rabbits, quail, pheasant and grouse, had had their numbers affected greatly and that some areas were going to be very poor as far as hunting went. They did mention one spot tho that still had good numbers of rabbit and quail and it's a conservation area I've never been to. It's north of here and called Davisdale CA. Supposedly it's my best bet in this part of the state so here soon I'll try and hit it and see what's up.

I did get a funny picture of Lucy the other day, we had gone to a CA that's open and flat and the wind was just howling that day as evidenced by Lucy's ears.