Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Judge Roger Benitez Declares California’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Unconstitu

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Ninth Circuit Panel Issues Stay of District Court Ruling Overturning CA ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ni...uOwXGZ58YWtUqk

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Love this part, but the stay is BS. Twenty-two states, led by Arizona, which is under the 9th Circuit’s jurisdiction, asked the appeals court to uphold the order against California’s law.

“Calling modern rifles ‘assault weapons’ is a misnomer— they are most often used by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes like personal protection or target and sport shooting,” the states argued. “There is nothing sinister about citizens keeping or bearing a modern rifle.”

Joining Arizona were the state of Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Superior Court Judge Kenneth Medel announced on Wednesday that victims and families of the 2019 synagogue shooting near San Diego, can now sue manufacturer Smith & Wesson, who made the AR-15 used in the attack.
    https://www.oann.com/calif-judge-all...urer-retailer/
    And what the hell is this crap??
    Judge Medel said the nation’s largest gun maker knew it’s product could be modified into a machine-gun-like weapon, violating California state law. Smith & Wesson also allegedly marketed the weapon to those underage on social media and in video game advertisements.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    So we can sue alcoholic beverage manufacturers because they know that their drink can cause an incapacitated person to kill someone with a car. And sue the auto manufacturer because their vehicle has to much horsepower for the average person to handle?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Well yea, cause we all know that guns can modify themselves when we're not looking, i doubt this will get far....

OK hopefully I'm not veering to far off topic here but I find this strange
    Is this a new tactic and why would anyone be stupid enough to leave this stuff out for the maid to find?
    An Iowa man was arrested Tuesday after authorities discovered a rifle with a laser sight in his hotel room overlooking Lake Michigan during the Fourth of July weekend, with police saying the hotel employee who spotted the gun "likely prevented a tragedy."
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ly-prevented-a
    Keegan Casteel, 32, was arrested after cleaning staff alerted authorities that they had seen a rifle, a handgun and ammunition in his room,
    “This employee saw something by entering a room to clean it that likely prevented a tragedy from happening,” Brown said.

DENVER, Co. — Days before the MLB All-Star Game in Denver, a maid found more than a dozen long guns, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and body armor inside a hotel room near Coors Field
    https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...LP6IXBQWKFFOI/
    Sources initially told Denver 7 that police feared a “Las Vegas-style shooting” during the game after 16 long guns, over 1,00 rounds of ammo and body armor were found in two rooms at the Maven Hotel.
    The FBI has since said that they don’t believe there was any threat to the game.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Is this a new tactic and why would anyone be stupid enough to leave this stuff out for the maid to find?
    An Iowa man was arrested Tuesday after authorities discovered a rifle with a laser sight in his hotel room overlooking Lake Michigan during the Fourth of July weekend, with police saying the hotel employee who spotted the gun "likely prevented a tragedy."
    Keegan Casteel, 32, was arrested after cleaning staff alerted authorities that they had seen a rifle, a handgun and ammunition in his room,
    “This employee saw something by entering a room to clean it that likely prevented a tragedy from happening,” Brown said.

DENVER, Co. — Days before the MLB All-Star Game in Denver, a maid found more than a dozen long guns, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and body armor inside a hotel room near Coors Field
    Sources initially told Denver 7 that police feared a “Las Vegas-style shooting” during the game after 16 long guns, over 1,00 rounds of ammo and body armor were found in two rooms at the Maven Hotel.
    The FBI has since said that they don’t believe there was any threat to the game.
    Yes, it is very suspicious that it happened the way it did.

I would surmise, in the second incident, the guns, ammo, etc., were planted so they would be found.

In the first incident, I wonder if someone didn't put him up to it so he would take the fall.

I'd say these two events are either false flag events, or failed false flag events.

These have all the earmarks of being set up from the get-go.

The Government wants people to feel threatened because citizens have access to guns.

I have an idea more events, like these, will follow....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

The first one just presumes that he had nefarious reasons or whether they were cased ect, I vacationed back to my home state with an Ar15 and pistol. The second one though sounds to me like probably trafficking, though it certainly could be a nut job planning.....

Was there a gun show in either vicinity on those dates?

Was the hotel occupant, in either case, registered for a sales table at a gun show on those dates?

Just spit-balling on why someone in a hotel room might have a number of guns and ammo in their room. As to why they were out in the open for the maid to find, that would be stupidity on the part of occupant. Perhaps he was cataloging them, or something of the sort, but they were dumbasses for leaving them out to be found...

...if my area gun show premise is correct.

If my premise is incorrect, then both hotel occupants were giant dumbasses...period, end of story...regardless of their reason for having multiple guns, etc., in a hotel room.

Edited to add...the first story seems more suspicious, upon rereading it...doesn't fit my premise, though the second one does.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 07-11-2021 at 06:49 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Was there a gun show in either vicinity on those dates?
    Not that I'm aware but first was around 4th of July second was around the All Star Game (which I believe had some controversy about Ga election laws)
    Both prime candidates for political narratives.
    Although they discount any of that speculation it is now out there

Not that I'm aware but first was around 4th of July second was around the All Star Game (which I believe had some controversy about Ga election laws)
    Both prime candidates for political narratives.
    Although they discount any of that speculation it is now out there
    Just read a current story about the All Star Game situation...doesn't sound like anything to do with a gun show, so my bad. Sounds like bad juju if the story is accurate...but in this day and age, who really knows...legit or a setup to push more gun control?

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021...6531626018500/
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Dishonest and stupid comparisons meant to play on people's total IGNORANCE is the main part of their 'playbook'
    Absolutely. Feed the ignorant an agenda. Sadly we have a whole generation that's been spoon fed and they can't think for themselves. My kids too. I tried. They'll have to wear their chains to learn it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Just read a current story about the All Star Game situation...doesn't sound like anything to do with a gun show, so my bad. Sounds like bad juju if the story is accurate...but in this day and age, who really knows...legit or a setup to push more gun control?

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021...6531626018500/
    That one sounds more like criminal gun running, drugs ect. than mass shooting material...... Their names don't indicate muslims either. I think that one is purely weapons trafficking, drug dealing with four of them. "The suspects were identified as 42-year-old Richard Platt and Gabriel Rodriguez, 48, who are both facing investigation for possession of weapons by a previous offender and possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
    RELATED Ga. golf course shooting suspect bound and gagged 2 victims, warrants say

Ricardo Rodriguez, 44, is being investigated for possession of a weapon by a previous offender and Kanoelehua Serikawa, 43, is being investigated for possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.

Platt and Serikawa were both also wanted on warrants from other jurisdictions."

Sounds like the maid ruined this false flag.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Sounds like the maid ruined this false flag.
    She's, probably, in some governmental detention center being re-educated now.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    She's, probably, in some governmental detention center being re-educated now.
    Or being used as a Sex Slave for Bill Clinton.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

There were only two guns, a rifle and a handgun, in this guy's room. His only guilt might be general stupidity in leaving them out and visible in the room and possibly violating the hotel's policies.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by Nashorn View Post
    Or being used as a Sex Slave for Bill Clinton.
    If she's given a choice, she'd be smart to take the government detention center.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    There were only two guns, a rifle and a handgun, in this guy's room. His only guilt might be general stupidity in leaving them out and visible in the room and possibly violating the hotel's policies.
    Just keep in mind this part of the headline
    'likely prevented a tragedy,' official says

Just keep in mind this part of the headline
    'likely prevented a tragedy,' official says
    Yup. They're going straight from the playbook.

Also, the new catchphrase for their future move against guns and gun owners is, "gun violence." They are having meetings now, all across the country, to discuss what can be done to address "gun violence."
    Last edited by alismith; 07-12-2021 at 10:18 PM.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast