Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Judge Roger Benitez Declares California’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Unconstitu

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Thumbs up BREAKING: Judge Roger Benitez Declares California’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Unconstitu

Wow! This will interesting to see if this stays.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/br...onstitutional/
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I'd like to think this was precedent setting, but it will be appealed to the 9th Circus, where it will die the death of all good legislation...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I'd like to think this was precedent setting, but it will be appealed to the 9th Circus, where it will die the death of all good legislation...
    The 9th CIRCUIT court is not the same as before. for the last four years TRUMP has been quietly replacing all the libtard DEMOCRAT judges with Conservative pro 2A judges. Your information is OUT OF DATE

There is a real chance here that the 9th will uphold the STRIKE DOWN of the California AW ban. After that The libtard in California will have to appeal it to SCOTUS and though we don't have a super pro gun majority ( we still have a conservative majority) and their M.O. will be to kick it back (SCOTUS really seems to hate overturning established rulings by lower courts).

This is HUGE NEWS and will affect all the OTHER STATES with 'assault weapons' bans .... MA, IL, NY, MD, NJ, HI, CT, etc. etc.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    This should be a good start as it should knock down the stupid infringement in other states. Hopefully the current Biden regime will take note and drop their attempt at more infringements on honest people.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    This should be a good start as it should knock down the stupid infringement in other states. Hopefully the current Biden regime will take note and drop their attempt at more infringements on honest people.
    Nope. It'll make them dig in with both feet and try harder to be un=American.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote from the Judge's RULING

This case is not about extraordinary weapons lying at the outer limits of Second Amendment protection. The banned ‘assault weapons’ are not bazookas, howitzers, or machineguns. Those arms are dangerous and solely useful for military purposes. Instead, the firearms deemed ‘assault weapons’ are fairly ordinary, popular, modern rifles.

This is an average case about average guns used in average ways for average purposes.

One is to be forgiven if one is persuaded by "news media" and others that the nation is awash with murderous AR-15 assault rifles.

The facts, however, do not support this hyperbole, and facts matter.”

Federal Bureau of Investigation murder statistics do not track assault rifles, but they do show that killing by knife attack is far more common than murder by any kind of rifle.

In California, murder by knife occurs seven times more often than murder by rifle. For example, according to F.B.I. statistics for 2019, California saw 252 people murdered with a knife, while 34 people were killed with some type of rifle – not necessarily an AR-15. A Californian is three times more likely to be murdered by an attacker’s bare hands, fists, or feet, than by his rifle. In 2018, the statistics were even more lopsided as California saw only 24 murders by some type of rifle. The same pattern can be observed across the nation
    This quote is not from a reporter. THIS QUOTE is from the judge's ruling itself! The ruling is a CLEAR SMACKDOWN of the anti gun Democrats. They're not going to take this lying down, I'm afraid. But it's NOW an uphill battle for THEM this time.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

This quote is not from a reporter. THIS QUOTE is from the judge's ruling itself! The ruling is a CLEAR SMACKDOWN of the anti gun Democrats. They're not going to take this lying down, I'm afraid. But it's NOW an uphill battle for THEM this time.
    Good. It's about time someone, with authority, stood up to the Commucrats. Maybe others, with authority, will use this as a precedent and continue with more "smackdowns."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

With the way that Judge Benitez has been a thorn in the LWWs sides, do you really expect them to let him remain on the bench?
    Or worse?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I read an article yesterday where the judge was despairingly called a "Second Amendment Champion." I thought that was what the judges and justices were supposed to be about the entire Constitution, be its champion. That an article like that can be published with barely anyone noticing shows just how the left and most news reporters dislike the Constitution and want the judiciary to change or disregard it.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I read an article yesterday where the judge was despairingly called a "Second Amendment Champion." I thought that was what the judges and justices were supposed to be about the entire Constitution, be its champion. That an article like that can be published with barely anyone noticing shows just how the left and most news reporters dislike the Constitution and want the judiciary to change or disregard it.
    I don't call them, "Commucrats," for no reason. Almost all Democrats are now Commucrats. If they claim to be "conservative Democrats," then they need to leave the Democratic Party as it is now the official Communist Party of the United States; if they continue to remain in that Party, then they, too, are Commucrats.

Freedom isn't free.

The 9th CIRCUIT court is not the same as before. for the last four years TRUMP has been quietly replacing all the libtard DEMOCRAT judges with Conservative pro 2A judges. Your information is OUT OF DATE

There is a real chance here that the 9th will uphold the STRIKE DOWN of the California AW ban. After that The libtard in California will have to appeal it to SCOTUS and though we don't have a super pro gun majority ( we still have a conservative majority) and their M.O. will be to kick it back (SCOTUS really seems to hate overturning established rulings by lower courts).

This is HUGE NEWS and will affect all the OTHER STATES with 'assault weapons' bans .... MA, IL, NY, MD, NJ, HI, CT, etc. etc.
    There is a problem with your reasoning...and that is the source of many of these judicial nominees that Trump selected.

The swamp is both deep and wide...the Federalist Society was selecting and advocating them to Trump, and he mostly followed their recommendations. The problem here is that the Federalist Society is a RINO, swamp infested organization.

How do you think we got Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett...all of whom bailed on any and all suits on the steal that made it to the Supremes? If you think the 9th circus is any different, I do have some beachfront property to sell you in Arizona. Or perhaps you'd prefer to buy the Brooklyn Bridge.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    There is a problem with your reasoning...and that is the source of many of these judicial nominees that Trump selected.

The swamp is both deep and wide...the Federalist Society was selecting and advocating them to Trump, and he mostly followed their recommendations. The problem here is that the Federalist Society is a RINO, swamp infested organization.

How do you think we got Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett...all of whom bailed on any and all suits on the steal that made it to the Supremes? If you think the 9th circus is any different, I do have some beachfront property to sell you in Arizona. Or perhaps you'd prefer to buy the Brooklyn Bridge.
    Keep your bridge. You're right in that they're NOT super strong proponents. But until I have proof otherwise (per their previous rulings), the SCOTUS three won't go OUT OF THEIR WAY to fuck us over, unlike the DEMOCRAT appointees.

Again, I agree that the SWAMP is a factor, but you choose to be a pessimist. I am cautiously optimistic.

Again, I agree that the SWAMP is a factor, but you choose to be a pessimist. I am cautiously optimistic.
    Oh trust me...I'm a guy glass half full with people, but with gov't? Well that's a different story.

And with people in the gov't...that's a different story...

And with people connected to people in the gov't...that's a different story...

The bribes, extortion, perfidy and treachery is too prevalent to be ignored.

Am I a pessimist, or a realist? We are 309.6 years (a multiple of PI) from the time of the American and French Revolutions. History is not linear, it is cyclical...what goes around comes around because the nature of man does not change.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    With the way that Judge Benitez has been a thorn in the LWWs sides, do you really expect them to let him remain on the bench?
    Or worse?
    Yeah. I hope they don't do a "Scalia" on him....
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Now THAT is a nightmarish scenario

And something the Commucrats would do with no remorse.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    That is my concern as well !!

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    And something the Commucrats would do with no remorse.
    Agreed !
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

California “Assault Weapon” Ban Ruled Unconstitutional: What It Means For Gun Owners?

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/06/cal...#axzz6xHcgOCyk

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote from the Judge's RULING

The media is already focusing on him comparing the utility of a swiss army knife to "assault weapons" rather than the clearly unconstitutional "laws". They're so predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    The media is already focusing on him comparing the utility of a swiss army knife to "assault weapons" rather than the clearly unconstitutional "laws". They're so predictable.
    Dishonest and stupid comparisons meant to play on people's total IGNORANCE is the main part of their 'playbook'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast