Thread: Be careful in having ammo shipped to you these days...

Be careful in having ammo shipped to you these days...

Had a shipment of 350 rounds via fedex go missing recently, while travelling through the swallowing maw that is shitcago. Twas supposedly on a truck from shitcago for five days, then suddenly showed up in Grayslake IL, no further updates or delivery dates available. Fedsux tells me it's lost, contact the seller. Yeah right...lost in shitcongo...someone in your company stole it...bastards.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Gangstas need ammo too.....

My guess is none of 'em have an FN or Ruger in 5.7x28, so it will shortly reappear on Gunbroker...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

One of the major problems with FedEx is they don't have regular drivers who would be familiar with their route. Every day, the driver for a set route is changed, so they don't know where all the locations are. I had all kinds of trouble with FedEx until I put unmistakable house numbers up for them to see.

UPS uses the same route drivers to deliver their packages. They learn their routes and seldom make delivery mistakes.

Not that this particular problem was what happened to you, but if FedEx had used regular route drivers, thefts would be far less likely to occur as any "mistakes" could, easily, be traced back to the driver.

Using the excuse of having your package on the same truck for 5 days is BS. Like you said, someone stole your package.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

That happened about 8 months ago with 10 mags i bought from Midway. That was when shipping was taking 6-8 weeks so it was 2 months before i realized something was wrong, Midway replaced the order within 3 days after i called them, but someone in new mexico got 10 P-mags, that was the last destination it was tracked to.

Fed x has constant turnover.....constant...contractors are too cheap to keep good drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    My guess is none of 'em have an FN or Ruger in 5.7x28, so it will shortly reappear on Gunbroker...
    What do you have in that caliber?

All I can think of is the P90 and 5-7 pistol...?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    What do you have in that caliber?

All I can think of is the P90 and 5-7 pistol...?
    Last year Ruger came out the its own 5-7...the Ruger 57...somewhat better ergonomics than the FN pistol, more like pointing a 1911 or Hi Power, rather than a brick, 1911 style ambi safety, better sights, and half the price of the FN FiveseveN...

Git one! I can guarandamtee you'll like it!!!

Oh, watched a couple youboob videos yesterday...guy shot the FN 5.7 27 gr. HP...both through level III armor, and also through a 4-5" thick piece of bullet proof glass. Went through both like a hot knife through butter...three sheets of level III did stop it at the second layer..

Edited to add...you'll see some listings for the Ruger listed as a striker fired pistola...it's not, it's an internal hammer fired gun. Also, there is a Ruger recall on some of them (specific serial number range) due to an issue with the safety...they'll fix it for free and pay the freight. There's a simple test on their website to determine if yours has the issue. Mine falls into the problematic serial range, but checks out fine with their test...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-07-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

I've been eyeballing that Ruger 57......if it wasn't for the ammo insanity, week long wait on background checks and general nutty-ness I might have gotten one.

That and I tend to be hesitant about brand new models, which it does appear there might be a bug or two. If things get back to at least semi normal I might get one and by then Ruger should have ironed out any issues.

Back on topic I haven't had any issues with ammo shipment. Haven't been buying a whole lot...a few hundred rounds of .45 cuz I'm breaking in a 1911, and been trying out that Underwood stuff that looks like a Philips screwdriver head in 9mm. Mostly from Midway and Selway all by UPS....on time and no problems
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    I've been eyeballing that Ruger 57......if it wasn't for the ammo insanity, week long wait on background checks and general nutty-ness I might have gotten one.

That and I tend to be hesitant about brand new models, which it does appear there might be a bug or two. If things get back to at least semi normal I might get one and by then Ruger should have ironed out any issues.

Back on topic I haven't had any issues with ammo shipment. Haven't been buying a whole lot...a few hundred rounds of .45 cuz I'm breaking in a 1911, and been trying out that Underwood stuff that looks like a Philips screwdriver head in 9mm. Mostly from Midway and Selway all by UPS....on time and no problems
    I'm pretty impressed with the Lehigh Defense bullets. I just got a couple boxes of the 10mm 140 grn extreme penetrator (ordered form Midway on 6-2 and got them on 6-8) I'm loading 9 grn of Longshot and 11 grn of Accurate #7, both should run over 1300 fps.

I loaded some of their 100 grn extreme defence at 1385 fps out of glock 29 and turned a gal' of water into mist at 25 yds. I think it's one of the best bullet designs to come out in a while.

and their .308 152 grn controlled chaos bullet at 2750 fps is devastating
    Last edited by davepool; 06-09-2021 at 08:01 AM.

That and I tend to be hesitant about brand new models, which it does appear there might be a bug or two.
    The issue only seems to affect a small number of pistols within a specific serial number range, per their safety notice here: https://ruger.com/dataProcess/ruger57retrofit/

Get one with a serial number outside that range and there's no problem.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Wait a Min. What is that Caliber the Sig. Rifle was in? It was not 7.62NATO. Remember the big SIG Rifle. STG-58? Forgot what it was called. It was before they went to a lousy 5.56mm Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Wait a Min. What is that Caliber the Sig. Rifle was in? It was not 7.62NATO. Remember the big SIG Rifle. STG-58? Forgot what it was called. It was before they went to a lousy 5.56mm Paul
    STG-58 is FN Fal.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I'm pretty impressed with the Lehigh Defense bullets. I just got a couple boxes of the 10mm 140 grn extreme penetrator (ordered form Midway on 6-2 and got them on 6-8) I'm loading 9 grn of Longshot and 11 grn of Accurate #7, both should run over 1300 fps.

I loaded some of their 100 grn extreme defence at 1385 fps out of glock 29 and turned a gal' of water into mist at 25 yds. I think it's one of the best bullet designs to come out in a while.

and their .308 152 grn controlled chaos bullet at 2750 fps is devastating

There are definitely an interesting concept....performance equal to or superior to traditional HPs without the clogging issues or failure to expand, jacket separation etc., and with feed characteristics similar to FMJ. I am impressed and have been putting them in some of my carry guns.
    Last edited by weevil; 06-09-2021 at 08:44 PM.

The issue only seems to affect a small number of pistols within a specific serial number range, per their safety notice here: https://ruger.com/dataProcess/ruger57retrofit/

Get one with a serial number outside that range and there's no problem.
    I'm sure Ruger will take care of it of they have great CS and by the time I do take the plunge...if I do...I'm sure they will have it worked out.

The 57 is on my wishlist but it also means adding a yet another caliber.....something I have been trying to cut down on.

...but it also means adding a yet another caliber.....something I have been trying to cut down on.
    Yeah...me too...but then I found a TISAS 1911 Tanker for about 5 bills a few months ago...necessitating an outlay for .45 ACP in varying forms. And then I found out Ruger had a 5-7 at half the price of an FN...and so on...

It's a damned disease I tell ya!!! And don't tell me there's a cure! It's like covid, nothing will ever cure it, there is no true vaccine...I'll have to wear the mask of shame (new gun and ammo injections) forevermore!!!

Heh...there...I've successfully conflated firearm and associated component acquisitions with saving the human race from a pandemic...how'd I do?

Yeah...me too...but then I found a TISAS 1911 Tanker for about 5 bills a few months ago...necessitating an outlay for .45 ACP in varying forms. And then I found out Ruger had a 5-7 at half the price of an FN...and so on...

It's a damned disease I tell ya!!! And don't tell me there's a cure! It's like covid, nothing will ever cure it, there is no true vaccine...I'll have to wear the mask of shame (new gun and ammo injections) forevermore!!!

Heh...there...I've successfully conflated firearm and associated component acquisitions with saving the human race from a pandemic...how'd I do?

I still want one.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    One of the major problems with FedEx is they don't have regular drivers who would be familiar with their route. Every day, the driver for a set route is changed, so they don't know where all the locations are. I had all kinds of trouble with FedEx until I put unmistakable house numbers up for them to see.

UPS uses the same route drivers to deliver their packages. They learn their routes and seldom make delivery mistakes.

Not that this particular problem was what happened to you, but if FedEx had used regular route drivers, thefts would be far less likely to occur as any "mistakes" could, easily, be traced back to the driver.

Using the excuse of having your package on the same truck for 5 days is BS. Like you said, someone stole your package.

That is really useful information.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

"Be careful in having ammo shipped to you these days..."

WHOA. Sounds like someone is "flexing"
    Who here has the cash to buy 350rds of 5x7? Next you'll tell us how you returned the 10 sheets of 3/4" plywood because you didn't like the look of grain.

BISHOP

You're forgetting your Weimar Republic lessons...

If you charge it in current dollars, then pay it off later in the new, Biden dollars...has it really cost you anything at all?
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-13-2021 at 12:50 AM.