Thread: Some of the Best of Ronald Regan's humor

Some of the Best of Ronald Regan's humor

If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I kick myself for being a libtard when he was president. Only appreciated him a couple years after his second term. He fucked us though with the 86 FOPA. Bush was a giant disappointment toowith his no new taxes, embracing ATF thugs and the 89 import bans.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I kick myself for being a libtard when he was president. Only appreciated him a couple years after his second term. He fucked us though with the 86 FOPA. Bush was a giant disappointment toowith his no new taxes, embracing ATF thugs and the 89 import bans.
    Same boat here...I was a goddamn dirty stinkin' hippie when he was Potus. I console myself with the words of Winston Churchill: "A man who is not a liberal in his 20s has no heart. A man who is not a conservative in his 40s has no brain."

The comucunts dropped some last minute amendments into that bill Ronnie signed...his choice was to sign a mostly good bill and get much of what he wanted, or veto it and hope it 'might' come back to him in a better form. Was he right for signing it? Likely more right than wrong...

As to GHWB, there is no defense of his actions.

One of my favorite instances of Regan's humor was the time he was asked to speak into the mic for a sound check, before a press conference started. He said: "I've just signed legislation declaring the Soviet Union illegal...the bombing begins in five minutes."

The press freaked out and Russia went bat shit crazy thinking they were about to be obliterated.

No topping that in the realms of both humor and hutzpah.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-15-2021 at 11:41 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I believe that Reagan didn't know that someone had slipped in the machinegun ban into the otherwise fairly decent legislation allowing interstate sales of firearms. I heard from unsubstantiated sources that after he found out about the ban that he didn't now he had signed, he was a little more than angry.