Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unconventional Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Why not this, if you're concerned about size?

Very compact.

https://americanguncraft.com/product...-finish-grips/
    Holy crap-a-moly! .410 or 28 gauge...maybe 20 gauge...but 12? You'll shoot your eye out kid!!!

Oh, and let it ever after be known that JT Hunter prefers to have a little stick, not a big one.

But seriously JT...no need to keep it at original length...cut it off at any length that works for your needs...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 07-05-2021 at 05:44 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Holy crap-a-moly! .410 or 28 gauge...maybe 20 gauge...but 12? You'll shoot your eye out kid!!!

Oh, and let it ever after be known that JT Hunter prefers to have a little stick, not a big one.

But seriously JT...no need to keep it at original length...cut it off at any length that works for your needs...
    My grandson and I are going to shoot it this week. Fishing tomorrow, then shooting Wed., if the weather holds out. Should be interesting, to say the least. My next purchase is their 11" model.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

My grandson and I are going to shoot it this week. Fishing tomorrow, then shooting Wed., if the weather holds out. Should be interesting, to say the least. My next purchase is their 11" model.
    Have your grandson film your first shot...I wanna see you knock yourself out, barrel to the forehead, from the kick.

Seriously though...full report on how it handles...holy crap, a double barrel 12 gauge in a pistol? Color me intrigued...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Have your grandson film your first shot...I wanna see you knock yourself out, barrel to the forehead, from the kick.

Seriously though...full report on how it handles...holy crap, a double barrel 12 gauge in a pistol? Color me intrigued...
    I've got her loaded with 90 grains of BP. That's the load I used in my regular BP shotgun when I used to hunt.

You can't overload it as any excess will blow out the barrel, after the wad leaves, and have no effect on the payload, other than a lot of fire and smoke.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Ahhh...okay, just watched one of the site videos...it's a muzzle loader... I was thinking 2 1/2 or 3" shells...which is a totally different kettle of fish in a barrel...

Ahhh...okay, just watched one of the site videos...it's a muzzle loader... I was thinking 2 1/2 or 3" shells...which is a totally different kettle of fish in a barrel...
    Yup. Muzzle loader. That's pretty much all I'm shooting these days. I have enough powder, caps, flints, wads, and I can mold my own bullets, etc.

I can shoot all day for pennies compared to modern firearms. The only down side is the clean up afterwards, but I don't mind that at all. Kind of makes one familiar with everything in the gun.

All in all, muzzle loaders are just plain fun to shoot, and shot for shot, they're as accurate and almost as powerful as many modern firearms.

Freedom isn't free.

Very compact.

Imagine the fires you could start with that thing!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Imagine the fires you could start with that thing!
    Already had that happen a while back when I was rabbit hunting. I always used my CVA Trapper shotgun (muzzle loader) and was using newspaper wadding between the powder and shot. I shot at a rabbit and just happened to look back and saw pine needles starting to smoulder where the paper wad had fallen. I went over and stamped it out and waited a few minutes to make sure it was really out.

After that day, I never used paper wadding again. Went straight to plastic wad cups and haven't looked back.

From what I've read, during Civil War battles, their cloth wads started a lot of battle field fires and quite a few wounded soldiers burned to death before they could be rescued. Bad way to go....

Freedom isn't free.

Very compact.

ME LIKEE !!
    The problem is that I have no CCP and the kick might break my wrist. I wonder how well it would do with those mini-shells that are out there now?
    How about this instead - a 20 ga.?
    https://americanguncraft.com/product...hotgun-pistol/

ETA: OOPS !! I hadn't read the rest of the posts and didn't realize this was a BP gun. Nice size but won't work for me.
    Last edited by JTHunter; 07-09-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Shot it yesterday. It kicks about as much as a .44 Mag. revolver, but more like a rock back instead of a push back. Not hard to control. Second shot can be done fairly quickly.

I have some photos and will post them as soon as I upload them to Photobucket.

My grandson really liked it and it does throw out a nice pattern.

Can't wait to order the 11" version.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12