Thread: Baltasar Gracian Explains Today's Commucrats And Their Followers

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Baltasar Gracian Explains Today's Commucrats And Their Followers

Baltasar Gracian (1601-1658) was a very astute observer and writer.

400 years ago, he accurately described today's Commucrats and those who believe and follow them.

"Not all who see, see with open eyes, and so they see not at all. To see too late does not bring help, and may only bring grief. Some start seeing when there is no longer anything to see, when the tangible that was invisible to them is suddenly removed.

Will and understanding sharpen the vision. To instill understanding in one who has no will is a difficult task. Even more difficult is to instill will in one who has no understanding.

Those who comprehend the ways of the world dance around these individuals as if they were blind and deaf.

These lost individuals, at constant disadvantage, are a source of amusement, but there is no lack of unscrupulous men to encourage this blindness to reality; such unprincipled louts thrive because others look but do not see."

Taken from The Wisdom of Baltasar Gracian.

Damn, Gracian sums it all up so perfectly. His wisdom transcends the ages.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Damn, Gracian sums it all up so perfectly. His wisdom transcends the ages.

Yep, we haven't changed much in 400 years. Seems like there will always be a class of suckers that fall for the greedy conniving class of lazy fucks.

My grand daughter is reading "Animal Farm" in a summer school class, she's 12, i don't think i read that until i was 15 or so. I'm glad she's reading it, i would just like to know how the teacher is presenting it to the kids.