Thread: Armscor/RIA M-1911-A1

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation Armscor/RIA M-1911-A1

I ordered one of those new Armscor/RIA M-1911-A1 Pistols in 9mm I have always wanted a M-1911-A1 in 9mm being a 9mm Man. Plus I needed a good Range Gun so I could put away my Safe Queen, 1989 Walther P.88 Pistol. I read a review online, It said they are made in the Philippines. the have the M-1911 Main Spring Housing instead of the A1 Housing, but that is not a problem for me, Plus the 9mm version has a different Ejection Port. But they do not have a Firing Pin Block, Plus I like the Black Parkerized Finish. They are Cast but I could not afford a Wartime Colt, going for well over 2,000.00 Dollars, Even the Colt 9mm is too High. That is the Problem with Colt. all their Gunsmiths are in the UAW, and their Pistols are all Priced too high! True I spent 1,900.00 on my Walther P.88 but this was a once in a life time Purchase. I wanted a Shooter, not a Safe Queen Collectible. Hard to believe the M-1911-A1 I Fired in the Army in 1977, in pitiful Condition would be over 2,000.00 If you want a Colt. As I don't belong to the CMP this was my only other option. besides I never have liked the 45ACP nor the Snob's who looked down their Noses at the 9mm If it were not a Good Round, it would not have been around sience 1902. Paul
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 06-20-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    I ordered one of those new Armscor/RIA M-1911-A1 Pistols in 9mm I have always wanted a M-1911-A1 in 9mm being a 9mm Man. Plus I needed a good Range Gun so I could put away my Safe Queen, 1989 Walther P.88 Pistol. I read a review online, It said they are made in the Philippines. the have the M-1911 Main Spring Housing instead of the A1 Housing, but that is not a problem for me, Plus the 9mm version has a different Ejection Port. But they do not have a Firing Pin Block, Plus I like the Black Parkerized Finish. They are Cast but I could not afford a Wartime Colt, going for well over 2,000.00 Dollars, Even the Colt 9mm is too High. That is the Problem with Colt. all their Gunsmiths are in the UAW, and their Pistols are all Priced too high! True I spent 1,900.00 on my Walther P.88 but this was a once in a life time Purchase. I wanted a Shooter, not a Safe Queen Collectible. Hard to believe the M-1911-A1 I Fired in the Army in 1977, in pitiful Condition would be over 2,000.00 If you want a Colt. As I don't belong to the CMP this was my only other option. besides I never have liked the 45ACP nor the Snob's who looked down their Noses at the 9mm If it were not a Good Round, it would not have been around sience 1902. Paul
    Actually, I like both the .45 ACP and 9mm. I have handguns and rifles in both calibers. I don't really have any preference for which one I might like better as both serve the purposes for which I bought them.

My favorite handgun round is the .44 Mag, followed closely by the .45 LC. Either one is what I would wear if I were hiking in dangerous animal territory. Around here, you don't need anything larger than .22 RF for woods hikes.

So long as you like what you have, no one can fault any preferences you might have.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Thanks for reply. I am sure as long as there are Cartridge Projectile Fired Firearms (Before we go to Ray guns) we will always have the 45 and the 9. I hope someone here has also bought one, would like to see how they like it. I will have mine by end of next week. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

I have a Kimber 1911 in 9mm. You'll be amazed how soft shooting a big 1911 is in 9mm. It is incredibly shootable. I have upgraded mine quite a bit too.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I have a Kimber 1911 in 9mm. You'll be amazed how soft shooting a big 1911 is in 9mm. It is incredibly shootable. I have upgraded mine quite a bit too.
    I have a smaller framed ATI 1911, in .45 ACP, and I think it's fairly soft shooting. To me, it doesn't have what some might call, excessive recoil.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I bought two new Springfield Field officer compacts in 9mm for my wife and me a few years ago. Tried them with two kinds of ammo, had constant jams. Since really cleaned and lubricated, but yet to try again. I gave a young friend of mine fresh out of high school a Philippine made 1911A1 in .45 as a present when he joined the Marines upon graduation and served over in Afghanistan, he said it shoots great. I can't remember whether it was armscor or not.

Pick it up on Thursday Morning. Paul