Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Another video to make your legs wobbly - Why do Russian Young folks keep doing this shit?

  1. #1
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,605

    Another video to make your legs wobbly - Why do Russian Young folks keep doing this shit?


  2. #2
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    4,311
    cause they're just a bunch of fun loving kids....with a death wish

  3. #3
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    13,521
    In Putin's Russia, kids climb tall objects without any safety equipment.

    In Biden's America, kids jump in the water with water wings.

    Last edited by alismith; 06-26-2021 at 07:01 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

    "If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

  4. #4
    Senior Member Full Otto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,945
    I want to know how they get the cranes down once the jobs finished.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

  5. #5
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I want to know how they get the cranes down once the jobs finished.
    Very carefully.

    Also, I'm extraordinarily miffed there was not a single up-skirt camera shot. These Russians clearly have no idea on how to gain views and market share...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-26-2021 at 08:26 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  6. #6
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    In Putin's Russia, kids climb tall objects without any safety equipment.

    In Biden's America, kids jump in the water with water wings.

    HAHA man you are always right on!

  7. #7
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,545
    I've seen video of tower maintenance that's insane. Don't think I could've ever done anything like that.

  8. #8
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    4,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I want to know how they get the cranes down once the jobs finished.
    The opposite of putting it up


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nww6MN_Lxeo

    The buildings in the video are typical of the types of roofing i did before retiring, saw a few of these cranes go up and down, the biggest headache i had was scheduling crane lifts, everything over 3 stories went up by crane and there were 1/2 dozen other contractors waiting in line.

  9. #9
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Very carefully.

    Also, I'm extraordinarily miffed there was not a single up-skirt camera shot. These Russians clearly have no idea on how to gain views and market share...
    Oswald, you and I often butt heads on posts .... but on this comment ........

  10. #10
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,605
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I've seen video of tower maintenance that's insane. Don't think I could've ever done anything like that.
    The unfinished Goldin Finance 117 building that they're on is 1,976 feet tall to the top floor. They're on a construction tower ABOVE the top floor which extends the height of their climb even further! I figure at least an extra 100 feet because of the construction tower and crane structure. Over 2000 feet up. I have no idea why I get SO damned nervous when it's 2000 feet up. heck a four story drop will kill me if I land on concrete, but being 4 stories up doesn't freak me out.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Full Otto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    The opposite of putting it up


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nww6MN_Lxeo

    The buildings in the video are typical of the types of roofing i did before retiring, saw a few of these cranes go up and down, the biggest headache i had was scheduling crane lifts, everything over 3 stories went up by crane and there were 1/2 dozen other contractors waiting in line.
    Na,na,na, now... that crane is on the ground next to the building. I get that but the others are part of the structure till they come down.
    They lift their own parts and material as they build upward.
    How do they lower the parts of the crane themselves when they're taking them down?
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

  12. #12
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    13,521
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    The unfinished Goldin Finance 117 building that they're on is 1,976 feet tall to the top floor. They're on a construction tower ABOVE the top floor which extends the height of their climb even further! I figure at least an extra 100 feet because of the construction tower and crane structure. Over 2000 feet up. I have no idea why I get SO damned nervous when it's 2000 feet up. heck a four story drop will kill me if I land on concrete, but being 4 stories up doesn't freak me out.
    What truly amazes US snowflakes is they aren't even wearing water wings.... The audacity of these Russian kids....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

    "If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

  13. #13
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    The unfinished Goldin Finance 117 building that they're on is 1,976 feet tall to the top floor. They're on a construction tower ABOVE the top floor which extends the height of their climb even further! I figure at least an extra 100 feet because of the construction tower and crane structure. Over 2000 feet up. I have no idea why I get SO damned nervous when it's 2000 feet up. heck a four story drop will kill me if I land on concrete, but being 4 stories up doesn't freak me out.
    Yeah that is funny! When you think rationally you're dead period probably from a two story fall on up.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,063
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Oswald, you and I often butt heads on posts ...
    I am of the inclination that patriots would always butt heads on questions of freedom, and that by so winnowing their logic, come to a consensus, though not necessarily an amicable one.

    See the disagreements between between the federalist and anti-federalist camps in the formation of our government/constitution for further elucidation...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-27-2021 at 07:33 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  15. #15
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,039
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    The unfinished Goldin Finance 117 building that they're on is 1,976 feet tall to the top floor. They're on a construction tower ABOVE the top floor which extends the height of their climb even further! I figure at least an extra 100 feet because of the construction tower and crane structure. Over 2000 feet up. I have no idea why I get SO damned nervous when it's 2000 feet up. heck a four story drop will kill me if I land on concrete, but being 4 stories up doesn't freak me out.
    That is likely because there aren't unseen wind gusts that can blow you loose from the crane's metalwork.
    People like that are known as "adrenaline junkies".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  16. #16
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,605
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    That is likely because there aren't unseen wind gusts that can blow you loose from the crane's metalwork.
    People like that are known as "adrenaline junkies".
    That's one reason WHY when I'm on top of a high office building on the roof, I never stand too close to the edge especially when there is no guard railing. If I want to look over the edge, I literally belly crawl to the edge and look over. Sometimes the damned WIND is insane at those heights. I've tied myself to AC units with rope before I crawl to the edge. Others laughed at me, but I'm all about that 'random' gust of strong wind that will really ruin your day

  17. #17
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,063
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    That's one reason WHY when I'm on top of a high office building on the roof, I never stand too close to the edge especially when there is no guard railing. If I want to look over the edge, I literally belly crawl to the edge and look over. Sometimes the damned WIND is insane at those heights. I've tied myself to AC units with rope before I crawl to the edge. Others laughed at me, but I'm all about that 'random' gust of strong wind that will really ruin your day
    Hey, it's not the fall that's difficult, it's sticking the landing.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  18. #18
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    4,311
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    That's one reason WHY when I'm on top of a high office building on the roof, I never stand too close to the edge especially when there is no guard railing. If I want to look over the edge, I literally belly crawl to the edge and look over. Sometimes the damned WIND is insane at those heights. I've tied myself to AC units with rope before I crawl to the edge. Others laughed at me, but I'm all about that 'random' gust of strong wind that will really ruin your day
    It's scaffolding that scares the shit out of me, i can walk the edge of a 10 story roof installing perimeter flashing with no fear, but if i have to climb 3 stories of scaffold to get there it scares the crap out of me. I just never got used to walking on something that feels like it's going to collapse if i take a wrong step.

    Like oswald said, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end

  19. #19
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,039
    Back in the mid 80s, my wife and I went down to a Missouri state park called "Johnson's Shut-Ins". The river that feeds the rock riffles goes down into an old quarry where people would dive off the cliff that was about 40 feet high. This is something I had wanted to do ever since I first went there as a kid and I finally did it. Unfortunately, my "dive" became a 40' "back-flop"! My back looked like it had severe sunburn it was so red. We drove home with me holding the steering wheel to keep my back from touching the seat as the wife couldn't drive a stick.
    Divers had to be careful because, depending on the water levels, there is a ledge that is usually underwater and not visible. After several severe injuries and a couple of deaths from hitting that ledge, the park put up railings and banned diving from there.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  20. #20
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,063
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    It's scaffolding that scares the shit out of me, i can walk the edge of a 10 story roof installing perimeter flashing with no fear, but if i have to climb 3 stories of scaffold to get there it scares the crap out of me. I just never got used to walking on something that feels like it's going to collapse if i take a wrong step.

    Like oswald said, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end
    In my years as a painter, scaffolding never scared me.

    But try being on a tri-ladder at the attic peak of a 3 story house (essentially 4 stories up) using a power washer wand to blast under the eaves, when suddenly a nest of hornets comes boiling out from under the metal flashing under said eaves.

    You never saw anyone come down 4 stories of ladder so damned fast in your life as I did that day!
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •