Thread: County fairs = old tractors

County fairs = old tractors

It's here this week so I decided to head over. It's nice to have it back this year
    Getting out of the car I noticed some activity a ways off so I grabbed the camera

A steam powered Case

Powering a saw mill

I actually came to see this guy for a "free stage" show

Since I had the camera and was in the area I grabbed a few pic's while I was at it
    Probably showed them before but those old threads are pretty much gone so what the heck here's a few for starters

Graham Bradley

Moline

Couple of Fords ' 51 and ' 52

A few implements

Then there was this going around giving rides
    Tempting but I stayed on foot

Bumpy Barrels

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

They have a small old threshers fair around these parts, always has the huge hit n miss engines and so on and so forth, always a great time!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

CC and I went to something similar about 2 years ago...I believe it was titled as a "Thresheree"...

All kinds of tractors and various ancient machines, steam, gas, oil powered...hit and miss engines in operation. Large bazarre of both new and vintage items for sale. The usual vendors of various food stuffs...it was most fun and enlightening. One huge machine that was cool to watch, designed to pound telephone poles into the ground...about 4 times the size of your average decent sized crane, but with a piston ram on the arm instead of a crane's pully system.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

My neighbor, may he rest in peace, used to hold those threshers shows when he was active.
    I have some VHS tapes of them but no pics
    Here's a few more from yesterday

"53 and "55 Fergesons

Last edited by Full Otto; 07-26-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    CC and I went to something similar about 2 years ago...I believe it was titled as a "Thresheree"...

All kinds of tractors and various ancient machines, steam, gas, oil powered...hit and miss engines in operation. Large bazarre of both new and vintage items for sale. The usual vendors of various food stuffs...it was most fun and enlightening. One huge machine that was cool to watch, designed to pound telephone poles into the ground...about 4 times the size of your average decent sized crane, but with a piston ram on the arm instead of a crane's pully system.
    I've seen a lot of those in action around here. Living near the ocean and various bays and rivers, they're always driving telephone pole pilings around harbors, bulkheads, and bridges. Those hammers have a lot of force behind them. Kind of looks like a piston hammer driving a nail into wood. Interesting to watch them at work...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

indiana has the best county fairs. which county are these from? if you don't mind my asking. i keep saying every year, i'm going to the johnson co. MM G-1000 was one of my favorite tractors. not many molines in this part of the south.

No problem Jasper County
    Wouldn't be complete without a Farmall
    Here's a '53

I dug this one up from a few years ago
    From a time a little before the tractor

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

My cousin has a few old pictures of her dad and my grandpa standing by his team hooked up to a hay wagon back in Oklahoma in the 30's. His team didn't look quite as massive as those two (not good resolution in those old photos) but they were taller than he was at the withers.

He used to say, "the only folks who thought those were the good old days never had to hook up a cranky old mare (who did not want to be hitched up) to a wagon to go into town"

The reason we have machines is to replace whiny animals, because machines are more reliable.

The reason we have robots is to replace whiny animals, because robots are more reliable.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    My cousin has a few old pictures of her dad and my grandpa standing by his team hooked up to a hay wagon back in Oklahoma in the 30's. His team didn't look quite as massive as those two (not good resolution in those old photos) but they were taller than he was at the withers.

He used to say, "the only folks who thought those were the good old days never had to hook up a cranky old mare (who did not want to be hitched up) to a wagon to go into town"
    Kind of like these I'd guess

Otto - do you happen to know the breeds of those horses? I don't think they are Clydesdales but they might be Percherons.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I believe they are Belgian Draft Horses but it's been a few years now since I took the pictures
    Pretty sure though

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i have the sucessor to the super c, a farmall 200. i was going to restore it. but, it seems it's not going to happen.