Thread: Anybody here have concealed carry insurance?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Anybody here have concealed carry insurance?

I've been considering it. I've had a permit since 1996. I've never had to draw my weapon (thank God) ,but it could certainly happen. Does anyone think it is a waste of money?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Can't help you on this one. Only cops and criminals are allowed to carry concealed in MD.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Can't help you on this one. Only cops and criminals are allowed to carry concealed in MD.
    He's talking about insurance. No I haven't but it's not a bad idea, I've thought of paying for it too, Just in case. Even if you have a good shoot, you're going to face a civil suit for sure by scumbags family, let alone probable criminal charge in a lot of states.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I didn't know it was available, how do they determine what the premiums are?

I have a group of pro-self defense lawyers on retainer if i ever need to use my gun

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post

I have a group of pro-self defense lawyers on retainer if i ever need to use my gun

Check out the USCCA: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/usc...utm_term=uscca

Along with liability insurance they have a host of other available services with three various packages available from $300 to $500 a year (all of which include the liability ins).
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Check out the USCCA: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/usc...utm_term=uscca

Along with liability insurance they have a host of other available services with three various packages available from $300 to $500 a year (all of which include the liability ins).
    Thanks, that sounds pretty reasonable price wise

You are most welcome sir! They had a great presentation at the CCW class I had to take to get my CCW. I haven't joined yet (didn't have the funds on hand due to some recent...um...purchases) but I plan to by the end of the year.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post

Same way any insurance works, through actuarial tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I've been considering it. I've had a permit since 1996. I've never had to draw my weapon (thank God) ,but it could certainly happen. Does anyone think it is a waste of money?
    I don't have any. Really never thought about it. Might be a good idea. I dunno.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I don't have any. Really never thought about it. Might be a good idea. I dunno.
    It can be the most righteous shoot in the world, i.e., you shot the bank robber who just killed a bank guard and two cops on the street in front of 20 witnesses...but you're still gonna be in world of financial and legal hurt regardless. Consider the case of Kyle Rittenhouse, who was helping a relative protect his auto dealership (uncle IIRC) in Kenosha, WI...being chased by at least three BLM/antifa's, some armed, who fired on them being in fear of his life. His bail was set in the million range. He retreated, and retreated, until his only option, in fear of his life, was to use the AR he was carrying...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 08-27-2021 at 12:59 PM.