Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some will remember

Some will remember

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...st-man-us-dies

Looks like Igor only made it to 38. Not surprising with his health problems I suppose. I know he left the forum on bad terms, but this Ohta bring back a memory or two.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

"In 2012, Vovkovinskiy issued a plea for help to cover the estimated $16,000 cost for specially made shoes that wouldn’t cause him crippling pain.

At the time, he said he hadn’t owned a pair for years that fit his feet, which were size 26 10E. Thousands donated more than double what he needed. Reebok provided the custom shoes for free."

chaching!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

The worlds tallest man, and tallest of all time was Robert Wadlow of Alton Illinois.
    He was 8' 11.1".
    He lived from 1918 to 1940.

In my home town was a big shoe factory and they made his custom order size 37 AA shoes. For years a local shoe store had a pair of his shoes on display.

Oh, yeah. Didn't he become a big Obama fan or something?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I do remember him, and especially his shoe size!

I remember the discussion regarding Igor many years ago. Some of us are still around from those days.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Yeah I remember that....IIRC it didn't end well.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Yup, had a few conversations with him regarding Ukraine.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Watching the local noon news, was very surprised to see that they did an article on Igor.

Vovkovinskiy appeared on the Dr Oz Show and was called out by Barack Obama during a campaign rally in 2009, when the president noticed him near the stage wearing a T-shirt that read “World’s Biggest Obama Supporter”.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Almost a year and now posting? I remember you, don't remember the guy and who gives a crap about a leftist douchebag? Came from the Ukraine and become a commie stooge? I'd rather know where VOLK is at. he taught me a few things.

Igor rooked some guys here who donated money for his special shoes out of the goodness of their hearts and he shat upon them with something like all you guys care about is your guns and jacking off and America is fallen and so on and so forth, then he went on to even greater heists.

"In 2012, Vovkovinskiy issued a plea for help to cover the estimated $16,000 cost for specially made shoes that wouldn’t cause him crippling pain.

At the time, he said he hadn’t owned a pair for years that fit his feet, which were size 26 10E. Thousands donated more than double what he needed. Reebok provided the custom shoes for free."
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I remember him. I remember Hondo too. Where is Hondo?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I remember him. I remember Hondo too. Where is Hondo?
    Hmmm...not sure about Hondo, but I know Gibby (Gibsonite) passed away, maybe about 10 years ago...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

I remember Hondo, Gibby and Ferd.

Anyone remember HDR? I always liked his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I sincerely miss TOP.

I remember when he disappeared...suddenly...no word of or about him ever again. I kept hoping he would reappear out of the blue, as suddenly as he vanished...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Yeah, me and him used to get into it a lot for whatever reason, but I sure do miss him.

Ferd was at least a hoot. The rest I do not remember as well. Whatever happened to the old ferd?

Yeah what did happen to Ferd?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast