Thread: AK47 SLR95, I have three of them

AK47 SLR95, I have three of them

My brother convinced me to buy an assault rifle years ago because there was fixing to be a ban and they would increase in value. I believe this was in 1998. So I bought three of them.

Fast forward to 2010, sure enough, a quick search on the internet informs me that these are very well built, no longer imported and sought after.

I want to sell at least two of them. I wonder if anyone knows the best way to advertise these in order to get the best return on my investment.

I live in Houston.

Thanks,

Scott

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by perkttocs View Post
    My brother convinced me to buy an assault rifle years ago because there was fixing to be a ban and they would increase in value. I believe this was in 1998. So I bought three of them.

Fast forward to 2010, sure enough, a quick search on the internet informs me that these are very well built, no longer imported and sought after.

I want to sell at least two of them. I wonder if anyone knows the best way to advertise these in order to get the best return on my investment.

I live in Houston.

Thanks,

Scott
    Welcome to the forums.

Please take no offense but do not call your rifle an "Assault Rifle". Hang around you might learn a thing or two here.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Frankly, you will not get top dollar here, or at most gun forums. Gun guys tend to be savvy buyers, and the rifles in question are not so rare or sought after that anyone will be tripping over their feet throw money at you.

I would try looking on gun broker to see what rifles like yours have sold for. Not listed for, but actually sold for, and start at the higher side of the average. Too bad you didn't sell them in December of 2008.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Quote Originally Posted by perkttocs View Post

I live in Houston.

Thanks,

Scott
    Does your "assault rifle" have any banana clips to go along with it?

Sorry. I just had to. Welcome to the board!
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Like the others are saying, don't get caught up by the news media mislabeling your rifles. I tell my friends my baseball bats are more assault weapons then my firearms because if they ever see me with a firearm, there is nothing to worry about, but if I get pissed and am carrying a baseball bat.... You see, the news media likes to blame firearms for causing crimes, so if you do something stupid, the firearm gets credit. But if I was to use a baseball bat, I get credit for being stupid. I would like to see them ban Louisville Sluggers!!!!!!

Anyway your SLR95 is a really nice rifle, and yes not too long ago was selling for around $500 or even less. These days there are some people willing to spend more than that, but many on this site remember the days when those rifles sold for a lot less, and in the case of Chinese AK variants didn't sell at all.

While the value of anything is not more than anyone is willing to pay for it, you can do like I have done when I wanted to sell a firearm. If purchased when prices were low, sell it for enough to make a nice profit while allowing the buyer to purchase it for less than it might sell otherwise.

On Gunbroker, you might see nice AK variants with very high asking prices, but how many have bids?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 a-kmanator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cciota View Post
    Does your "assault rifle" have any banana clips to go along with it?

contact me at jimstuder@yahoo.com if you want to sell them both right know