Thread: Anyone have experience with the Bersa line of pistols?

Anyone have experience with the Bersa line of pistols?

Need to find a good concealed carry subcompact for the wifey (she's getting her CCW next month or so) and I'm currently looking at the Bersa Thunder 9.

My main qualifications for said CCW subcompact are: hammer fired, DA/SA, manual safety, decent mag capacity...the Bersa Thunder fits all those and appears to be a solid choice.

What say you folks on this selection?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

No experience but you've piqued my interest since I'm trying to help my daughter find one
    I sent that along to her to check out I like it from what I saw on line
    Would like to actually hold one though
    In looking I've bought a couple myself. Funny how that works but if she likes one I'll give it to her
    If it's any help they were a Mossberg MC-1 SC 9mm but not as much capacity as the Bersa but takes Glock clips
    Then there's a Beretta model 21 A. That's a 22lr 7 in the clip one in the barrel but very unusual.
    No extractor semi auto ???
    I don't know how it works but it's really nice and very compact
    I got it yesterday and tried it out today. would really like my daughter to try it out I think she'll love it
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Shot a 380 model, the high cap one. It was too thick in the grip due to the "high cap" aspect for me to justify it as a cc piece. Overall the small Glocks or even an officers model would be about as or less girthy. Not a bad shooter and ran fine otherwise.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Overall the small Glocks or even an officers model would be about as or less girthy.
    Problems with that suggestion, based on my criteria above...striker fired, no manual safety...if they had a manual safety I'd be more on board...but...

All glocks are like pointing a brick...not my cuppa tea.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 11-02-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    If you end up getting one I have a hi-cap mag I'll let you have cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    If you end up getting one I have a hi-cap mag I'll let you have cheap.
    Very cool raxar...the 13 round mags seem to be rarer than hens teeth.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Very cool raxar...the 13 round mags seem to be rarer than hens teeth.

Thanks!
    Yeah, the thunder45 mags go for $80-$90 on ebay, shit is crazy. Actually I should add that the mag I have is the 12 rounder for the Ultra Compact, don't know if that's the one you're looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Yeah, the thunder45 mags go for $80-$90 on ebay, shit is crazy. Actually I should add that the mag I have is the 12 rounder for the Ultra Compact, don't know if that's the one you're looking at.
    Upon further inspection it is the 13 rounder

Eh...I ended up passing on the Bersa. It was being offered on Gunbroker, but turns out the two mags that came with it were only 10 round. Also, given what has been said about the grip size, I didn't think it would be suitable for CC, as she doesn't have man hands.

I have and still do own several. I trust it as much as a S&W for functionality and reliability. I carried the 380 for years and gave it to a friend. I still have a 22 and 32 which i shoot rarely. The 3980 is loosley based on a walther ppk with some of the the same features, safety, decocker. I give the brand a 4 out of 5 based on my personal experience, your mileage may vary