Thread: Watching opening arguments of Kyle Rittenhouse case

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Watching opening arguments of Kyle Rittenhouse case

Looks to me like he was clearly in the right in defending himself as all original footage showed. You don't get to attack people who are helping preserve private businesses. He actually has no duty to retreat even while he did so. Pretty clear he needs to be found not guilty. The prosecutor on this case must believe you don't have the right to defend yourself, and actual convicted felons in possession are all good. Pretty weird world we live in. Criminals are Holy and their victims are evil.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 11-02-2021 at 11:14 PM.

The kid has been railroaded since that night, when he should have been patted on the back and told: "Good shootin' son!"
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

I appreciate how the judge told the prosecution the plaintiffs could be called what they were, arsonists, antifa terrorists, etc.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I appreciate how the judge told the prosecution the plaintiffs could be called what they were, arsonists, antifa terrorists, etc.
    That does bode well for Kyle, and the recently "found" video of obvious muzzle flashes in his direction adds some solid evidence in favor of what this was...a self defense situation.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

I caught some of the live stream on Louder with Crowder,
    That made it tolerable to sit through

As they pointed out the prosecution pretty much made the case for the defense
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Rittenhouse should be praised for doing something the police were not allowed to do, protect himself/themselves and the surrounding businesses owned by honest law abiding citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    The kid has been railroaded since that night, when he should have been patted on the back and told: "Good shootin' son!"
    Agreed, and there should have been many more out there protecting their shops and businesses, that shit would end quickly. I still remember the Korean shopowners during the LA riots.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Rittenhouse should be praised for doing something the police were not allowed to do, protect himself/themselves and the surrounding businesses owned by honest law abiding citizens.
    Yep!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this trial. I suspect he is going to be railroaded into prison. The jurors are fearing for their lives.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this trial. I suspect he is going to be railroaded into prison. The jurors are fearing for their lives.
    If the defense is good, if it goes south, then he should declare it a mistrial based on that fear and get the case moved to a different location.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    If the defense is good, if it goes south, then he should declare it a mistrial based on that fear and get the case moved to a different location.

Actually the judge currently has reason to declare a mistrial with prejudice, meaning the charges can't be refiled and Kyle goes free. Seems the prosecution gave the defense a grainy video from the drone, saving a cleaned up version to use against Kyle during the trial. The judge is waiting for the jury's verdict before he decides whether to declare a mistrial or not. I've a feeling if the jury comes back with anything other than Not Guilty he will then declare a mistrial.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 11-18-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Actually the judge currently has reason to declare a mistrial with prejudice with prejudice, meaning the charges can't be refiled and Kyle goes free. Seems the prosecution gave the defense a grainy video from the drone, saving a cleaned up version to use against Kyle during the trial. The judge is waiting for the jury's verdict before he decides whether to declare a mistrial or not. I've a feeling if the jury comes back with anything other than Not Guilty he will then declare a mistrial.
    Hope you're right on this one. Fingers crossed and prayers sent.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars