Thread: BIG BORE SNUBBIES - GOOD IDEA OR WASTE OF TIME?

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post BIG BORE SNUBBIES - GOOD IDEA OR WASTE OF TIME?

After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I have a S&W .44 Mag snubbie and love it. I wouldn't call it overly concealable, but it is easy to carry in a holster on a belt for backup when hiking in the woods, etc. If the bullet doesn't stop the animal, the muzzle flash will scare the hell out of it.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I’ve never owned a snubnose and I doubt that I will. I own one revolver, a Ruger LCRX in 22 Magnum. I bought it because I was given about 1000 rounds of 22 Magnum ammunition, and there just doesn’t seem to be a reliable semi auto so I picked up the revolver. If I need serious fire power I have a CZP 10 F with 20 rounds of 9 mm on tap. There isn’t any problem that can be solved with a six shot big bore revolver, that can’t also be solved with a 20 shot 9 mm semi auto. And I’m much more likely to hit what I’m aiming at.
    Last edited by Bluedog; 11-26-2021 at 05:43 PM.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Have a SW66 SS .357 2" barrel. My AMT Back Up in .45ACP is more punishing, but easier to conceal. My .44MAG has a 9.5" barrel and has very light recoil IMHO (It's heavy).

I would think the best would be a .44 special 5 round with 2" barrel. Then again, a .40S&W compact would be more effective. Different strokes...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...