Thread: S&W CS40 & CS9

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

S&W CS40 & CS9

Thinking about getting a slightly larger carry pistol than the Guardian .380s or AMT Back Ups in .380 & .45.

What do you guys think of the S&W Chief's Special in 9mm or .40S&W?
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

I miss the days a thread like this would have 20 replies in an hour...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Clarify something first - are these revolvers or SA pistols?
    If pistols, I would go the .40 simply because of the larger diameter - unless your wrists can't handle the recoil.
    If these are revolvers, why are you wanting to put SA ammo in a revolver when you already have an excellent choice of .38 Special and/or .357 Magnum? Between those two, you have more varied load choices than with the 9mm and .40 combined.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I was trying to post a picture, but....

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/916290871
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/917551903

This is what I'm looking at. 7 round, semi, compact, but not subcompact, SS.

They made a 9mm, 40S&W and .45ACP in the "Chief's Special". I'm leaning towards the .40S&W. I've been carrying a .45ACP or .380 AMT Backup. The .45 is a little punishing in recoil and the .380 isn't the stopping power I would like.
    Last edited by El Laton Caliente; 12-04-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Those are nice looking pistols. I understand why you might consider the .40 over the .45, but what is the availability AND variability of the ammo like? Aren't there more choices available in the 9mm?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”