Thread: SAR-1 listed on Gunbroker. The new reality?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

SAR-1 listed on Gunbroker. The new reality?

SAR-1 on Gunbroker. Nice looking rifle, but it will be interesting to see if in 20 years a firearm can go from $269 to $1500! Is this "just" inflation?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/917332007

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

From his description, it's an SBR. I thought rifles had to have at least a 16" barrel. He describes this one as having a 15 1/2" barrel.

Either he can't measure correctly, or he's gonna get a visit from the ATF....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Try buying a SAR2...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/912920477

I have a SAR1 & SAR3, I've wanted the SAR2 for years. I thought $500 was a lot several years ago, but WTF...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Yikes on that SAR-2!!! Guess that 22mm front sight and brake, along with the stockset add $1500 to the $500 rifle. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    From his description, it's an SBR. I thought rifles had to have at least a 16" barrel. He describes this one as having a 15 1/2" barrel.

Either he can't measure correctly, or he's gonna get a visit from the ATF....
    He is measuring from the trunion and not the bolt face...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/917244428

Another SAR2 (modified) sitting at $905 right now...

Don't mind the stock change, but painting the SAR-2 is a no-no, and not sure if they threaded the muzzle for that brake or just pressed it on, but also wrong.

Hopefully it is for someone just wanting a 5.45x39 but still for $1000 after shipping and transfer!!!!!!

Watched a couple of GB auctions for SAR 3s lately. One went for $925, the other was up to $705 with several days to go in the auction when I stopped checking on it...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Couple of SAR-3s broke the $1000 barrier this past summer. Actual sold prices!