Thread: Dec 7th 1941!

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

AKA, FDR sells out the US for the war machine, following in the footsteps of the "progressives" before him...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    AKA, FDR sells out the US for the war machine, following in the footsteps of the "progressives" before him...
    True, but you know that WW-II would never have been won by the allies if the US didn't get into it. The American people were sick of war after WW-I and no way would they have agreed to join the allies without a mighty slap in the face that the Japanese were goaded into doing.

Plus, if America wasn't in it, there would probably have been no Manhattan project and then you know who would have had the atomic bomb and the entire planet under their thumb.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    True, but you know that WW-II would never have been won by the allies if the US didn't get into it. The American people were sick of war after WW-I and no way would they have agreed to join the allies without a mighty slap in the face that the Japanese were goaded into doing.

Plus, if America wasn't in it, there would probably have been no Manhattan project and then you know who would have had the atomic bomb and the entire planet under their thumb.
    Are we nearing anything different today?

History repeats...from serfdom, to revolution and freedom, to serfdom again...

Yesterday it was the Axis powers, today it's most of the world...tomorrow???
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

What do you mean by Goaded????? That Moron Roosevelt, let them do it! He was the Great Socalist! and belived in One World Order. The best he did was Die, look how long it took us to get back Power. all because of the Morons That Served President Hoover, and gave him bad Advise in 1929. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021