Thread: NJ - New Jersey Politicians Want a List of NRA Members & Their Employers – WTF

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post NJ - New Jersey Politicians Want a List of NRA Members & Their Employers – WTF

Friday, November 12th, 2010 at 7:42 pm

New Jersey Politicians Want a List of NRA Members & Their Employers – WTF

Charlotte, NC --(Ammoland.com)- In a blatant attempt by entrenched New Jersey politicians to strong arm citizens who oppose their re-election, Senator Barbara Buono (D-18) and Senator Loretta Weinberg have introduced legislation which would require certain contributors to “issue advocacy organizations”, including the NRA and ANJRPC, to have their names, addresses and their employers’ information sent to the government.

S2379, if passed, will mandate that any “issue advocacy organization” classified under IRS Code as a 501(C)(3), 501(C)(4) or 527 that engages in the election or defeat of any person to state or local elective office; the passage or defeat of any public question; or that provides political information on any candidate, must submit the names and addresses of contributors and their employers to the Election Law Enforcement Commission.

S 2379 - http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2010/Bi...00/2379_I1.PDF

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/12/n...employers-wtf/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

The wife and I drove up to New York last weekend. We saw more anti-Obama and anti-big government bumper stickers in New Jersey than any other state we went through north of Virginia.
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    This should be a good reason for everybody who believes in America and the law of the land to join the NRA and voluntarily send in multiple copies of their NRA membership card. Flood those suckers with paper and scare the Bejesus out of them. I can see it now, an anti-gun Mayor goes to a town hall meeting and as soon as he starts talking 150 of the 200 people there pull out their NRA hats and put them on. Wet liberal britches all over the state as they realized they have been out gunned, literally. Weak bladders retiring from politics and moving to California where they can temporarily feel safe. Please let it happen.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Wednesday, November 17th, 2010 at 1:29 am

NJ Politicians Demand of Lists of Gun Owners & NRA Members Passes Committee

New Jersey: Invasive Personal Privacy Legislation Passes Committee.

Charlotte, NC --(Ammoland.com)- On Monday, November 15, the New Jersey State Government, Wagering and Tourism Committee approved S2379 by a 3 to 1 vote.

Introduced by State Senator’s Barbara Buono (D-18) and Loretta Weinberg (D-37), this legislation would require organizations such as the NRA and the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs (ANJRPC), to send information regarding their contributions to the government.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/17/n...of-gun-owners/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Somehow if this becomes law in Jersey, I don't believe the NRA would bow down and send in the names. They know that if they did, about 4 million paying members would immediately cancel their membership, and they are not about to put up with that kind of lost income.

Oh, and Grump, what you wish for would never happen. Most firearm owners are the biggest sheep there are, and would not be willing to make a visual stand that would out them. In fact, if all firearm owners had voted, these dolts wouldn't be in power to make these stupid laws. But all too many firearm owners just sit back and let it happen.

(That should fire some people up!)

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    And then there are people like me who never wear their NRA hat unless they have to go to Madison Wisconsin where it is looked at unfavorably and suspiciously. It makes me grin, giggle and gets me involved in a lot of amusing conversations. If its cold weather then I wear my shooting jacket with its Life member patch. Don't need to carry a gun, they all treat me like I am anyway. Simple little things like that amuse Old Grumps.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I wonder how much press this would get if the list was who had received an abortion. . . .
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cciota View Post
    The wife and I drove up to New York last weekend. We saw more anti-Obama and anti-big government bumper stickers in New Jersey than any other state we went through north of Virginia.

That is the first postive thing i heard about NJ in quite awhile. Thanks for posting this cciota .
    I am sitting in my angry chair!