Thread: About those hypersonic missles.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

About those hypersonic missles.

I keep hearing about how we are in trouble because of the Chinese and Russian missles. Surely we have them as well. As much money as we put into our defense, we would have to be ahead of these other nations. Can anyone confirm my thoughts?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

The way things are we probably had it first and sold it to the commies because "we like "stiff" competition" according to the whitehouse spokesidiot.

I don't know we have been falling behind the Chinese for 15 to 20 years. It wouldn't surprise me if we were relying on decades old technology instead of upgrading. Also I think we put all of our eggs in the missile defense basket while our adversaries were focusing on offensive weapons which make the system moot. Now we are caught flat footed.

I can't help but to suspect we have some pretty spectacular weapons of our own, and of various kinds not just missiles. This idea stems from the fact trillions have been spent on mil research in the last few decades. Also on the maneuverability of bespoke hypersonic missiles, they're touted as maneuverable, I can't see the laws of physics being bent just because putin or xi wish it so. Mebbe they got alien technology?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I don't know we have been falling behind the Chinese for 15 to 20 years. It wouldn't surprise me if we were relying on decades old technology instead of upgrading. Also I think we put all of our eggs in the missile defense basket while our adversaries were focusing on offensive weapons which make the system moot. Now we are caught flat footed.
    I agree with you with the caveat it's easier to defeat our carriers and other warships than to defend against a hypersonic weapon for sure. The Chinese have been stealing tech forever and improving on it using our own money flooding into their country. I've often said we've financed our own demise.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I agree with you with the caveat it's easier to defeat our carriers and other warships than to defend against a hypersonic weapon for sure. The Chinese have been stealing tech forever and improving on it using our own money flooding into their country. I've often said we've financed our own demise.
    Not just that but I think we have a cultural weakness of looking for the cheapest possible solution. How old is the design of our newest icbm?

We are too fucking cheap and short sighted to spend money where needed to ensure our future.