Thread: Thor Love and Thunder!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down Thor Love and Thunder!

Now I know why I did not go to the Theater to see it! What a Joke! The Screaming Goats were way too much. More of a Comedy, not at all like The Better Avengers I saw in the Past. Natallie Portman looked great in his Uniform, and Blond Hair looks good on her as well! Those Goats were way too much! anyone else watch this too ? what a Joke. Paul
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 12-25-2022 at 07:34 PM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Haint seen it.

At this point I'm waiting on Ant Man and Deadpool 3, respectively. The rest of the marvel oeuvre I could care less about...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Now I know why I did not go to the Theater to see it! What a Joke! The Screaming Goats were way too much. More of a Comedy, not at all like The Better Avengers I saw in the Past. Natallie Portman looked great in his Uniform, and Blond Hair looks good on her as well! Those Goats were way too much! anyone else watch this too ? what a Joke. Paul
    SPOILERS AHEAD.

Yes. I've seen it, thus I'm qualified to comment LOL. Writer/Director Taika Waititi went insane. That's about the long and short of it. He just got divorced before doing this movie and everyone in the biz said he lost his mind. He did well with Thor Ragnarok, but making Thor a buffoon idiot was a bridge too far. Also the plot didn't make much sense. Given that I understood that Jane Foster makes the ultimate sacrifice in order to fight Gorr the God Killer, but the story about this 'couple' was just ridiculous. It could have been a moving ending but ultimately we didn't give a shit. The screaming goats was, as you put it, totally ridiculous and annoying. Natalie Portman did look great as 'lady Thor', and Lady Thor was a character that did show up in the comics, but this movie did a shit job of introducing her. Too much comedy weirdness killed the story of Thor and Jane. Too much 'girl power wokeness' and 'men are dumb' stupidity. Also, who the fuck names a movie after two characters, when one of them is one that we only get to know in the last minute of the movie? aka the tag team name of 'love and thunder'. That made no sense, as did much of the film.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

By the way, I recall Jane did become a God, She took the Place of the Lady Sif in the early Comics I read back in the late 1960s, The real Sif had Died.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021