Thread: New Springfields Hellion 5.56 Bullpup Rifle

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

New Springfields Hellion 5.56 Bullpup Rifle

Bullpup configuration where the action is located behind the trigger, the Hellion features an overall length of just 28.25-inches while still possessing a 16” barrel. The Hellion sports ambidextrous controls that work in concert with a reversible case ejection system, allowing it to be easily fired from either shoulder.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/h...ellion-rifles/
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Being someone who has a thing for bullpups, this has my attention.

These days I haven't followed the price of most firearms, but have watched the AK variants that not too long ago you couldn't give them away, going for $1000 and up. So I guess an MSRP on the Hellion of $1999 isn't too far off these days.

And I have to really ask myself, that although I don't need an excuse to add to my bullpup collection, my favorite .223/5.56 Beretta ARX-100 doesn't really need a companion... or does it?

Just noticed that it is manufactured in Croatia. I would like to know the profit margin on this import!

I never really could wrap my head around a bullpup. (or vice-versa)

I think it's something to do with the ejection port being so close to the face.

Given the chance, I guess I'd have to shoot it, at least once.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Being someone who has a thing for bullpups, this has my attention.

These days I haven't followed the price of most firearms, but have watched the AK variants that not too long ago you couldn't give them away, going for $1000 and up. So I guess an MSRP on the Hellion of $1999 isn't too far off these days.

And I have to really ask myself, that although I don't need an excuse to add to my bullpup collection, my favorite .223/5.56 Beretta ARX-100 doesn't really need a companion... or does it?

Just noticed that it is manufactured in Croatia. I would like to know the profit margin on this import!
    I remember those Croatian pistols that were like $249 till Springfield bought them, wasn't it renamed the XD and the price jacked up x2? That Bullpup does look sweet. I haven't bought a new gun in ages, Little pricey for me, one reason I didn't buy an FS2000 or PS90.