Thread: RE: The Canadian Truckers' Blockade...this is really good!

RE: The Canadian Truckers' Blockade...this is really good!

A night with the untouchables

I live in downtown Ottawa, right in the middle of the trucker convoy protest. They are literally camped out below my bedroom window. My new neighbours moved in on Friday and they seem determined to stay. I have read a lot about what my new neighbours are supposedly like, mostly from reporters and columnists who write from distant vantage points somewhere in the media heartland of Canada. Apparently the people who inhabit the patch of asphalt next to my bedroom are white supremacists, racists, hatemongers, pseudo-Trumpian grifters, and even QAnon-style nutters. I have a perfect view down Kent Street – the absolute ground zero of the convoy. In the morning, I see some protesters emerge from their trucks to stretch their legs, but mostly throughout the day they remain in their cabs honking their horns. At night I see small groups huddled in quiet conversations in their new found companionship. There is no honking at night. What I haven’t noticed, not even once, are reporters from any of Canada’s news agencies walking among the trucks to find out who these people are. So last night, I decided to do just that – I introduced myself to my new neighbours.

The rest here: https://maybury.ca/the-reformed-phys...-untouchables/
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

It's good to know there are still curious people with critical thinking skills looking for the truth.

That was thoughtful and very balanced; thanks for the link ,i like that guy

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

We were told to not pick up anymore Canada freight until further notice. That's maybe 3% of our hauling.