Thread: Can't get brass, can't get military surplus, I know the supply chain problems are still there, but where is everything in 2022?

Can't get brass, can't get military surplus, I know the supply chain problems are still there, but where is everything in 2022?

I can't order ANY reloading brass or bullets that I want (everything is back order). I can't order any BLANKS (dog training 12 gauge) because they're extinct in this country. I can't even relax and buy some militaria. Unless it's airsoft/china reproductions, even WEB gear from over 20 years ago is getting scarce. M1 steel pot helmets have skyrocketed in price on Ebay (I remember buying them for 10 bucks at the surplus store).

I've been patiently waiting since 2020 to get ANYTHING. I feel like I'm in Soviet Russia, where shortages are so severe that you have to get on a damned three year waiting list only to get a handful of items.

Just venting.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I feel your pain.

Welcome to Commucrat-controlled America.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I can't order ANY reloading brass or bullets that I want (everything is back order). I can't order any BLANKS (dog training 12 gauge) because they're extinct in this country. I can't even relax and buy some militaria. Unless it's airsoft/china reproductions, even WEB gear from over 20 years ago is getting scarce. M1 steel pot helmets have skyrocketed in price on Ebay (I remember buying them for 10 bucks at the surplus store).

I've been patiently waiting since 2020 to get ANYTHING. I feel like I'm in Soviet Russia, where shortages are so severe that you have to get on a damned three year waiting list only to get a handful of items.

Just venting.
    That's kind of the idea. The democraps/communists want us to feel right at home with their designs for us peasents. If they could, they would send us all to reeducation camps or gulags. Once they get out guns, you can bet it will happen.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Actually, it's more of a sideways gun-control move. Since the Commucrats can't get away with outright outlawing civilian firearm ownership, they have taken a different tack....make it nearly impossible to feed the firearm.

After all, guns are pretty useless if there's no ammo to load in them.

No matter what the item is, if there's a shortage of it, it's all by design and deliberate.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Well hang onto your shorts when things do come back in stock, i'm sorry to admit this but i just paid $375 for 8 lbs of Varget gunpowder. It's been unavailable for 6 months or longer. My local dealer finally got some in stock and i didn't even ask the price, he sold out in 24 hrs...so there's a lot of other dummies out there

I don't reload to save money, i reload for precision accuracy and that's never been cheap but it's gonna be a whole lotta more from now on.
    Last edited by davepool; 02-15-2022 at 06:43 PM.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I find decent deals online.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I find decent deals online.
    are you talking ammo? Or reloading supplies? Because I can't find ANY reloading supplies in the calibers I need.