Thread: The Only Plane in the Sky

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The Only Plane in the Sky

Been a while, but I just read a book that I thought you all might be interested in, especially those who say 9/11 was staged and it was not planes but missiles that were fired at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

The book is "The Only Plane in the Sky" by Garrett M. Graff. It is a great book that I cannot recommend highly enough. This book is an oral history of 9/11. In an oral history, the author interviews people involved or impacted by an event, then takes those interviews and tells the story of the event in the words of the people who lived it. As you might imagine, this was very powerful.

I especially would recommend this to people who say there are no eye-witness accounts of people seeing planes hit either the World Trade Center or the Pentagon. There are many, and many have their words recorded in this book.

This book was not a hard read, and what I mean by that is the words and ideas being described were not hard to understand or follow. This book, however, was one of the hardest I have read, right up there with the biography of a survivor from Auschwitz, because of what was being told. There were more than a few times I had to stop and put the book down as I could not handle anymore. I could not imagine living through what these people did.

Based on that, I would recommend this book not be read by children under about 16 years of age. I only remember one instance of swearing, but the overwhelming topic of loss, with only a few miraculous reunions, make this a book for more mature audiences. Do not shy away from this book, but much like the Holocaust Museum in DC, what happened that day should not be forgotten.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Wow. I will check it out.