Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANT!!!!

If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Question? How hard is it to find ammo for that? I've never seen any of that around here....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Question? How hard is it to find ammo for that? I've never seen any of that around here....
    It's available....check ammoseek.com but it ain't cheap. Cheapest right now is federal hardball at about .80 cents a round.

This sucker is a perfect candidate for a good can...ammo for that can be found here: https://www.rrweaponsystems.com/prod...c-5-7x28mm-p90

Yeah, it's leg.9/first born.9, but whatcha gonna do?
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 03-12-2022 at 07:13 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Ahhh yes. The DIRTY SANCHEZ of handguns.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashorn View Post
    Ahhh yes. The DIRTY SANCHEZ of handguns.
    It has been suggested by another forum member that a post such as this is an example of your sense of humor...

Perhaps you could explain exactly why you believe that post is humorous?

Also, could you please direct me to the last post (or any post) where you actually added substantive content to this site and its discussions?
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 03-12-2022 at 08:26 PM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The more 5.7x28 the better. Not much cheaper than the FN FiveseveN but the more the merrier. Ruger is also making a 5.7x28 pistol too.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Ruger is also making a 5.7x28 pistol too.

Have...want more...this is more.

Okay, please explain to me what is "special" about this cartridge. After all, the bullet is the same weight as many .22LR slugs (40 gr.). It is just better constructed and going faster. So what makes it better than a 9mm, 10 mm, .327, .357, etc.??
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Okay, please explain to me what is "special" about this cartridge. After all, the bullet is the same weight as many .22LR slugs (40 gr.). It is just better constructed and going faster. So what makes it better than a 9mm, 10 mm, .327, .357, etc.??
    How about 20+1 with a flush fit magazine?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

My wife likes her FN 57 cause the bullets have "cute little blue tips", and she can shoot it well cause of the easy recoil

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Maybe as an SBR, I could dig it. Not exactly my cup of tea in the looks department IMO my friend. Rates moderately better than a hipoint in my looks dept. I like the looks of this puppy myself. I haven't bought a gun in years, might splurge on something like this. https://www.springfield-armory.com/h...ion-556-rifle/
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 03-15-2022 at 08:46 AM.

Not really into bullpups, especially in rifles. I, already, have a 5.56 semi.

However, I am thinking about getting something like this.

https://galleryofguns.com/genie/defa...?item=H015-223

I want to put a good scope on it and use it for long distance shooting. Have one similar to this in .30-30 and, with spitzer tipped handloads, I can put three shots within a nickel at 100 yds. I love that rifle. Hopefully, one in 5.56 might do better than that.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    The ability to penetrate soft body armor with the right bullet. Given that the price of body armor has dropped considerably since the days when the only option was kevlar, and being able to buy it on ebay I'm kind of surprised you don't see it being used by criminals more often.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Let's see, body armor penetrating is possible if the right of the people to keep and bear arms was not infringed. 20 +1 in pistol form, 50 round capacity in very short PS90 or P90 in constitutional form. The P90/PS90 are great CQ weapons.

And if I remember correctly, FNH makes 30 round mags for their FiveseveN.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Let's see, body armor penetrating is possible if the right of the people to keep and bear arms was not infringed. 20 +1 in pistol form, 50 round capacity in very short PS90 or P90 in constitutional form. The P90/PS90 are great CQ weapons.

And if I remember correctly, FNH makes 30 round mags for their FiveseveN.
    The 27 grain vmax round will go through bulletproof glass. Might not penetrate kevlar, but likely will with some of the softer body armors:

The 30 round FiveseveN mags are made by Promag and are not considered as reliable as the 20 round FN mags.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    The ability to penetrate soft body armor with the right bullet. Given that the price of body armor has dropped considerably since the days when the only option was kevlar, and being able to buy it on ebay I'm kind of surprised you don't see it being used by criminals more often.
    IIRC, body armor is "not allowed" to the general public in IL-ANNOY.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Don't worry about it....body armor isn't any good if you get shot in the face....especially with a powerful cartridge or shotgun slug.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Don't worry about it....body armor isn't any good if you get shot in the face....especially with a powerful cartridge or shotgun slug.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I don't see why it would matter, there isn't any crime in IL since the general public isn't allowed guns there either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast