Thread: Quotes of the times - Voltaire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 04-10-2022 at 01:34 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    Also from Voltaire

The absurdities lately could include:
    Mostly peaceful protests by idiots attacking court houses and businesses while throwing molotov cocktails.

The medias' breathless and slobbering reports of Russian collusion against President Trump after ignoring Hillary's unsecured / illegal server and Hunter's laptop.

The MRNA shots are actually vaccines, they're COMPLETELY safe and effective with NO adverse side affects.

Rachael Levine and Lia Thomas claiming they're women and your a transfobe bigot if you disagree.

Joe Biden got more votes than any other presidential candidate in history, and the election was totally...completely above board and secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeard View Post
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    Also from Voltaire

The absurdities lately could include:
    Mostly peaceful protests by idiots attacking court houses and businesses while throwing molotov cocktails.

The medias' breathless and slobbering reports of Russian collusion against President Trump after ignoring Hillary's unsecured / illegal server and Hunter's laptop.

The MRNA shots are actually vaccines, they're COMPLETELY safe and effective with NO adverse side affects.

Rachael Levine and Lia Thomas claiming they're women and your a transfobe bigot if you disagree.

Joe Biden got more votes than any other presidential candidate in history, and the election was totally...completely above board and secure.
    Shit...your Voltaire quote was supposed to be my 2nd in that quartet...apparently I was remiss in my posting...bad job by me!...corrected now.

Yeah, everything you point out...all the "reset" bullshit...they think they'll transform the world (little guy plowed into the dirt...fertilizer) not understanding they will destroy the whole with their hubris.

And just like movie villains...they'll be just as surprised when the evil plot blows up in their faces...think the Eye of Sauron as Barad Dur was falling...and whoever is left needs to pick up the pieces.

I'm not certain the pieces to pick up will be worth picking up...the pooch screwing that is being planned does not make me hopeful.

We're living in the early ages of the "Idiocracy" my friend!
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 04-10-2022 at 01:55 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!