Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: Another Russian ship hit?

  1. #21
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,729
    Now, now.....be nice.

    Just cuz Oswald has a man-crush on Putin that doesn't necessarily mean he wants to take it up the ass.


    He may wanna be the pitcher not the catcher.



    Last edited by weevil; 05-10-2022 at 09:29 PM.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  2. #22
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Putin is one of the smartest politicians functioning today.
    With apologies, I don't believe Putin is as smart as you think. I think his problem is his enormous ego as well as underestimating his opponent. His overconfidence may yet be his downfall.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  3. #23
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    14,369
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    With apologies, I don't believe Putin is as smart as you think. I think his problem is his enormous ego as well as underestimating his opponent. His overconfidence may yet be his downfall.
    I think you're wrong here. Oswald said he was one of the smartest politicians functioning TODAY. Comparing him to Idiot Joe, Trudeau, and many of the other politicians, I can see where that statement might be true.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

    "If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

  4. #24
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,449
    Well, I can see irony is lost on at least a couple of our members, but be as that may, when the name calling and personal attacks begin, you know the opposing position no longer has a leg to stand on.

    Correct alismith. Putin does not want to conquer Ukraine. If he did he would have started with a bombing campaign to take out all infrastructure and every weapon system he could, then rolled into Ukraine like we did in Iraq. Putin wants three things...NATO off his doorstep per the Belgrade Agreement, for the Donbas region to be able to hold free referendums on whether they wish to remain part of Ukraine or rejoin with Russia (prior to the breakup of the Soviet Union they were part of Russia proper, along with Crimea) per the Minsk Agreements, and for the low grade civil war Ukraine has been waging on the Donbas region (at our behest to harry Russia) to end.

    The hardliners in Putin's government are far more vicious than Putin. If they take control you can be assured things will spiral out of control. It is from their mouths that threats of nuclear escalation have come, not Putin's.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 05-11-2022 at 10:49 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  5. #25
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    16,540
    Read the other day a few ukrainian transport ships may have been sunk along with a number of marines, trying to reclaim snake island from the russians.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

  6. #26
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Well, I can see irony is lost on at least a couple of our members, but be as that may, when the name calling and personal attacks begin, you know the opposing position no longer has a leg to stand on.

    You may well be right.....only time will tell.

    I will admit you've certainly invested a lot more of your heart and soul into the subject than I ever did.

    I was more just curious why you were so in love with the Russians.....I think I found my answer.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  7. #27
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,729
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    With apologies, I don't believe Putin is as smart as you think. I think his problem is his enormous ego as well as underestimating his opponent. His overconfidence may yet be his downfall.
    I think Putin is like a lot of dictators who've been in power too long. There's no one left who dares to question them or say that's a bad idea.

    He's surrounded by yes-men and wallflowers who hope he doesn't notice them. Eventually their ego and arrogance catches up to them......of course he will never admit he was wrong and just start purging them and replacing them with other yes-men.

    Does make me wonder though if he had the ability to stomp Ukraine......why make a half-assed effort doomed to fail???


    Just felt like getting rid of some excess tanks and troops I guess.


    https://twitter.com/i/status/1523664324950036480
    Last edited by weevil; 05-11-2022 at 06:25 PM.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  8. #28
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    14,369
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    I think Putin is like a lot of dictators who've been in power too long. There's no one left who dares to question them or say that's a bad idea.

    He's surrounded by yes-men and wallflowers who hope he doesn't notice them. Eventually their ego and arrogance catches up to them......of course he will never admit he was wrong and just start purging them and replacing them with other yes-men.

    Does make me wonder though if he had the ability to stomp Ukraine......why make a half-assed effort doomed to fail???


    Just felt like getting rid of some excess tanks and troops I guess.


    https://twitter.com/i/status/1523664324950036480
    IF we can believe what's being reported. I've learned not to trust anything the Commucrat-controlled media reports. It's really hard to tell what is happening and what isn't.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

    "If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

  9. #29
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,729
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    IF we can believe what's being reported. I've learned not to trust anything the Commucrat-controlled media reports. It's really hard to tell what is happening and what isn't.

    It's not just our media that's reporting this, other outlets without a dog in the fight like Al Jazeera are reporting the same thing.

    It's only hard to tell if you don't look for it, there are plenty of other sources for information, even the Russians themselves have admitted to "significant losses".

    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...ragedy-kremlin

    And no one on either side is denying the Russians abandoned their attack on Kiev and retreated back to Russia, supposedly to be sent to Donbas. If they were winning would they have retreated with their tail between their legs?
    Last edited by weevil; 05-11-2022 at 07:34 PM.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  10. #30
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,449
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    I was more just curious why you were so in love with the Russians.....I think I found my answer.

    And you would be wrong.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  11. #31
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    And you would be wrong.

    It wouldn't be the first time....probably won't be the last either.

    Just messin' with you.....sorry if I went a little too far, must be them blue pills getting to me....no hard fellings.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  12. #32
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,449
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time....probably won't be the last either.

    Just messin' with you.....sorry if I went a little too far, must be them blue pills getting to me....no hard fellings.
    Never sir...you're one of the good guys...this I know.

    I'd just suggest you look a bit deeper into this than you have. Knock and it shall be opened unto you...seek and ye shall find.

    I would suggest there are levels of reality that you have yet to plumb, and a deeper dive might be in your best interest, going forward in this crazy new reality.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 05-12-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  13. #33
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,449
    A sober view from outside the propaganda machine...and about the propaganda machine:

    https://www.rt.com/news/555356-hatre...-mcdonalds-us/
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  14. #34
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    14,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    A sober view from outside the propaganda machine...and about the propaganda machine:

    https://www.rt.com/news/555356-hatre...-mcdonalds-us/
    Really good article. Well worth the read.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

    "If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

  15. #35
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,449
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Really good article. Well worth the read.
    I found it most informative also, though I was already well acquainted with the propaganda machine...I've been watching it develop my whole life.

    Weevil believes I have some fondness for Russia and Putin...he is mistaken...I have a fondness for reality, but not the sort the propaganda machine proselytizes.

    There are always deeper machinations...and they task me...they task me!
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  16. #36
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,860
    I heard Sweden and Finland just formally asked to be joined in NATO. This should get interesting! https://nypost.com/2022/05/18/finlan...p-application/

  17. #37
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,449
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I heard Sweden and Finland just formally asked to be joined in NATO. This should get interesting! https://nypost.com/2022/05/18/finlan...p-application/
    All part of the "Great Reset" plan to amp up a wider war, so they can cancel all debts the western governments are drowning in.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  18. #38
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    A sober view from outside the propaganda machine...and about the propaganda machine:

    https://www.rt.com/news/555356-hatre...-mcdonalds-us/

    How do we know the Russian propaganda machine isn't behind this article???


    "But alas, not everyone in the world can travel to Russia and see the reality for themselves. Unfriendly foreign countries, in cahoots with a venal media, perfectly understand this handicap, which allows them to portray Russia as the ‘evil empire’, something straight out of a Bond flick. And then one day, when Russia finds itself in a situation where it is forced to say ‘enough!’ and resorts to what it considers to be a legitimate act of self-defense – certainly no less legitimate than the military offensives undertaken by the Western hemisphere over the years – a vicious virtue-signaling campaign against Russia and Russians begins in earnest, and to great effect."


    Now doesn't that seem a bit over the top? Poor old Russians just defending themselves by invading another country....and don't give me that Ukraine is part of Russia, I know the Russian propaganda you've been listening to has you convinced that's the case but obviously the Ukrainians don't agree. Isn't invading other countries sort of a hallmark of "evil-empires" whether in Bond flicks or otherwise?

    Couldn't those poor ol' misunderstood Russians have found a better more civilized method of "legitimate self-defense" than trying to use military force and a campaign of terror to bully their neighbors into submission? Gee I wonder why Finland and Sweden want to join NATO....oh that's right it's the WEF behind it, says the guy duped by Russian propaganda.


    Nobody was doing any "virtue signalling" until their armies marched across the border of another country....I know I wasn't giving two shits about Russia and had simply assumed they had become a more or less stable country that had for the most part joined the rest of the world as another normal corrupt kleptocracy.
    Last edited by weevil; 05-19-2022 at 01:33 AM.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  19. #39
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,449
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    How do we know the Russian propaganda machine isn't behind this article???

    Here's a review of the author's book and a little biography on him: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-r...erican-empire/


    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Now doesn't that seem a bit over the top? Poor old Russians just defending themselves by invading another country....and don't give me that Ukraine is part of Russia, I know the Russian propaganda you've been listening to has you convinced that's the case but obviously the Ukrainians don't agree. Isn't invading other countries sort of a hallmark of "evil-empires" whether in Bond flicks or otherwise?
    Again you show your naivety of the history of that region. All that region east of the Donbas River was part of Russia for centuries until the breakup of the Soviet Union when for some reason the borders were redrawn to add that area to Ukraine.


    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Couldn't those poor ol' misunderstood Russians have found a better more civilized method of "legitimate self-defense" than trying to use military force and a campaign of terror to bully their neighbors into submission? Gee I wonder why Finland and Sweden want to join NATO....oh that's right it's the WEF behind it, says the guy duped by Russian propaganda.
    I will infer here that you've not examined any of the treaties I mentioned, nor have you done any research into the WEF, its aims, goals and agenda. Since you know little of the history or politics involved, it seems fruitless to continue any semblance of discussion with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Nobody was doing any "virtue signalling" until their armies marched across the border of another country....I know I wasn't giving two shits about Russia and had simply assumed they had become a more or less stable country that had for the most part joined the rest of the world as another normal corrupt kleptocracy.
    I must also infer that you've done no research on the low grade civil war the Ukrainians have been waging on the Donbas region for the last decade.

    But hey...you are starting to sound a lot like Adam Schiff.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  20. #40
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,449
    EU wants lockdown style restrictions...because...Great Reset...RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA!

    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...ssian-oil-use/

    I need some new conspiracy theories weevil...all my old ones have come true.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •