Thread: Turncoat COWARD Congressman from NY State goes to the dark side - what a weasel!

Turncoat COWARD Congressman from NY State goes to the dark side - what a weasel!

Any of you guys in Upstate New York?!?!?!?! This guy used to say all the right things. Now he's a total turncoat COWARD POS!

GOP Congressman Claims He'll Back Assault Weapons Ban After Mass Shootings
    Ben Blanchet
    Sat, May 28, 2022, 8:12 PM

A GOP congressman in the Buffalo area has said he’d back an assault weapons ban just two years after r
    eceiving a National Rifle Association endorsement.

Rep. Chris Jacobs (R-NY), who is set for a GOP primary battle in August, told reporters he would get
    behind gun control efforts in Congress including an assault weapons ban and setting 21 as the minimum
    age to buy guns, WKBW reported.

A majority of Americans favor an assault weapons ban, with 67% of people surveyed in a POLITICO/Morning
    Consult poll saying they’d support one. (My note: They don't even know what an
    Assault Weapon is, thus the poll is useless)

A raise on the minimum age for firearms purchases was also supported by 72% of those surveyed in a Reuters/Ipsos poll.

“If an assault weapons ban bill came to the floor that would ban something like an AR-15, I would vote for it,” Jacobs said.

“Individuals can not buy beer, they can not get cigarettes at 21, I think it’s perfectly reasonable that the age
    limit – at least for these highly lethal, high-capacity, semi-automatic weapons – should be 21.”

Jacobs’ new support for gun control measures comes days after the deadly shootings in Texas and Buffalo this month.

Congressman Chris Jacobs goes on the record saying he would support a series of gun control measures, including
    banning access to semiautomatic rifles like AR-15s, restricting magazine capacity to 10 round, & raising minimum
    age to 21 for firearm purchase. Congressman Jacobs also supports raising the minimum age to purchase a firearm
    to 21. He acknowledges he’s pro 2nd Amendment, but says “no constitutional right is unlimited.” Here he is explaining
    why he believes 21 is an appropriate minimum age.

The congressman, in an interview with The Buffalo News, said the recent tragedies had an impact on his views.

“I hope I’ve been compassionate when I read and heard about previous incidents like this that have happened over
    the years, but I guess there’s just something markedly different when it happens in your city, to people you know,” J
    acobs said.

“Being a father and having young children and visualizing what those parents are going through and, I guess, being
    able to feel it more personally certainly has had an impact as well.”

Jacobs scored a 92% rating with gun rights group Gun Owners of America last year, according to nonprofit Vote
    Smart, and voted against bills that would have enhanced background checks in last year.

Jacobs was endorsed by former President Donald Trump during his successful congressional bid in 2020. He won in
    “one of the most conservative” congressional districts in New York, The Buffalo News said, and won “in part” with his
    support for gun rights. (AND NOW HE'S GONNA LOSE HIS SEAT!)

The congressman was also endorsed by the NRA back in 2020, according to a statement, and he called the
    endorsement a “testament” to his battle for the Second Amendment.

“I have always stood with law-abiding gun owners,” he said in 2020. “I promise to uphold this commitment
    to protecting our rights, and Western New York gun owners can rest assured they have an ally and a fighter
    for them in Congress with me.”

Now we know what a coward, turncoat LIAR looks like!!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

“I have always stood with law-abiding gun owners,” he said in 2020. “I promise to uphold this commitment
    to protecting our rights, and Western New York gun owners can rest assured they have an ally and a fighter
    for them in Congress with me.”
    How does anyone miss the contradiction? Fucking scumbags just like the craps, swear to uphold the Constitution then promptly use it for toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Any of you guys in Upstate New York?!?!?!?! This guy used to say all the right things. Now he's a total turncoat COWARD POS!
    The WEF knows they can't conquer the US without stripping us of the 2A...that is the plan and the reason for these false flags. And the RINOs are completely on board.

If they can't turn public sentiment to get their desires before Nov. (and there will be many more of these false flags between now and then) expect a declaration of martial law, suspension of congress, cancellation of the elections, and the beginning of door to door confiscations.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I wish these jack-wads would just make murder illegal! That would cover any type of weapon used which would save them from having to fabricate names like "assault weapon".

Do we have any members from Upstate New York? I thought we did.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Do we have any members from Upstate New York? I thought we did.
    Krupski does.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Considering NY state's penchant for restrictions on 2A rights, is something like this all that surprising?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Well well well. Looks like the GOP kick him in the balls and he's quitting. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (coward)..... So there IS good news....

Republican Congressman Quits Race After Backlash Over His Gun Stance
    Sebastian Murdock
    Fri, June 3, 2022, 2:16 PM

A Republican congressman is dropping his bid for reelection after backlash from his own party over his stance on stronger gun regulation.

Rep. Chris Jacobs (R-N.Y.) said he would support a ban on the AR-15 semi-automatic rifle following the white supremacist mass shooting in Buffalo last month that left 10 people dead and the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, in which a gunman killed 21 people.

“If an assault weapons ban bill came to the floor that would ban something like an AR-15, I would vote for it,” Jacobs told reporters last week.

“I can’t in good conscience sit back and say I didn’t try to do something,” he added.

But on Friday, Jacobs announced he would abandon his bid for reelection after intense backlash from his own party, including from local party leaders who pulled their support, The Buffalo News reported.

“This obviously arises out of last Friday, my remarks, statements on being receptive to gun controls,” Jacobs told the publication. “And since that time, every Republican elected [official] that had endorsed me withdrew their endorsement. Party officials that supported me withdrew, most of them, and those that were going to [support me] said they would not. And so obviously, this was not well received by the Republican base.”

Though he scored a 92% rating with the gun rights group Gun Owners of America and was endorsed by the NRA in 2020, Jacobs said the Buffalo and Uvalde shootings changed his perspective on easy access to assault weapons.

“Being a father and having young children and visualizing what those parents are going through and, I guess, being able to feel it more personally certainly has had an impact as well,” Jacobs told The Buffalo News.

We're getting real close to pitchforks, torches, rope, lamppost, politician...some assembly required.

Very, very close.

I don't think they know how close.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    We're getting real close to pitchforks, torches, rope, lamppost, politician...some assembly required.

Very, very close.

I don't think they know how close.
    Neither they nor us know that. But, I do agree that we are coming to a "tipping point" where many will say that they have had enough.
    Remember the late Peter Finch in "Network"?
    "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it anymore !!"
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”