Thread: If'n you haint already bought quantities of bucketed foodstuffs, ya'll better get damned busy...

If'n you haint already bought quantities of bucketed foodstuffs, ya'll better get damned busy...

Shame on you because you'll be paying a huge premium now...but given the shelves will be bare in the next year or so, and prices will only go up daily (like gas is) better get on the stick...the S is nearing big time fling of whirling blades in your face.

Do it now, because in the next few years your only options will be what you can grow and what you can hunt...all while trying to fend off the hordes from the cities looking to kill you and take what's yours.

This is what our elite masters have planned for us...the plandemic and election steal were the signal that there will never be a normal again...it's all downhill from here. Now starvation, privation and inoculated death are before us ..FDA had data that showed 82 to 97 of pregnant women who took the Pfizer vax lost their babies...before they approved it for pregnant women...not even sure why they care about the abortion issue when they can just do lockdowns and vax mandates and abort children all day long, regardless of whether the parents want them or not.

They (the elites) only need so many hundred million of us to serve them in their utopian future...all the rest are expendable...broken down rusted Ford Pintos destined for the crusher.

Understand what is before you people...

I would hesitate to say we are in the Tribulation, because I'm a deist rather than a Christian...but if the foo shits...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-02-2022 at 01:08 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

It's more than just food...

As the price of fuel goes up, everyday items are going to become more expensive and harder to find.

You should have long term food storage with a 25 year shelf life.
    Now is the time to stock up on canned goods and dry goods like pasta, rice and beans (known as extenders).
    Get a vacuum sealer and extra bags, you can store just about everything that isn't canned with it.
    Remember - If the bags are opened carefully they can be reused multiple times.

Also get plenty of seasonings along with salt, pepper, sugar, baking soda and yeast then store it with the vacuum sealer.

Do you have a source for water and a way to purify it?

Everyone should have plenty of ammo. Get more, along with extra magazines and spare parts.

Medical supplies including bandages, sutures, hydrogen peroxide and antibiotics

How many pairs of REAL shoes does every person in your family have? (work shoes and walking shoes)
    WalMart still has the made-in-china combat boots, which are a damn sight better than going barefoot.

Kids still growing? Get them several pairs of shoes - 2 to 3 sizes larger than what they're wearing now.
    Also get some jeans and shirts that are larger than what they're currently wearing.

Do you have a sewing kit with plenty thread and needles to patch clothes?

Find non-GMO seeds. Learn how to dry and preserve seeds from what you harvest.

Fishing equipment along with parachute cord for making snares, traps, shoelaces (it has 1000 & 1 uses).
    Also an assortment of quality knives and a way to sharpen them

Get books with important info or print it from on-line sources - NOW.
    Too many topics to cover: Medical info, woodcraft, wild game processing, vehicle maintenance etc.
    These can all be put in vacuum storage bags to protect from damage.

Make friends with people who have skills.

This is off the cuff and probably comes up way short so make your own list.
    Include things that can be bartered: alcohol, instant coffee and cigarettes.

Yes, there is expense involved.
    It's going to be cheaper today than a few months from now...
    If can find all of this as the economy continues to implode

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeard View Post
    As the price of fuel goes up, everyday items are going to become more expensive and harder to find.

Now is the time to stock up on canned goods and dry goods like pasta, rice and beans (known as extenders).
    Get a vacuum sealer and extra bags, you can store just about everything that isn't canned with it.

Also get plenty of seasonings along with salt, pepper, sugar, baking soda and yeast then store it with the vacuum sealer.

Everyone should have plenty of ammo. Get more, along with extra magazines and spare parts.

How many pairs of REAL shoes does every person in your family have? (work shoes and walking shoes)
    WalMart still has the made-in-china combat boots, which are a damn sight better than going barefoot.

Kids still growing? Get them several pairs of shoes - 2 to 3 sizes larger than what they're wearing now.
    Also get some jeans and shirts that are larger than what they're currently wearing.

Fishing equipment along with parachute cord for making snares, traps, shoelaces (it has 1000 & 1 uses).

Too many topics to cover: Medical info, woodcraft, wild game processing, vehicle maintenance etc.

Dude, your a fucking genius.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashorn View Post
    It's you're...fucking genius...stop attempting to one up your betters, pussbot...it just makes you look dumber than you may be...though I doubt it.

Dude just gave you a complete prep course in a few paragraphs...and all you have in reply is hutzpah? Dear God man...do you even have anything resembling a soul?
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-02-2022 at 05:17 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

The prices are going up. As the old soup commercial jingle went, "Campbell's in the cupboards like money in the bank."

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Just be aware those long term storage foods use a lot of soy, probably not the best for hard living.

I've always had 6 months to a year of food & Water (and toilet paper) stored at all times. That's because I've lived in countries where natural disasters are common. Also in California most folks SHOULD be prepared for earthquakes or other problems (like rampaging homosexuals). A lot of the liberals I know would STARVE if the stores were closed for 8 days..... LOL.

Don't forget your meds. Stock up if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Just be aware those long term storage foods use a lot of soy, probably not the best for hard living.

I was thinking more along the lines of 5 and 6 gallon pails of rice, beans, etc. Foodstuffs that will sustain over a long period with nothing on the shelf, until something can be worked out locally...because that will be the future.

Thanks, but Julie would probably disagree...depends on what stunt I'd just pulled (or talked the boys into).
    She's threatened to give all three of us a whoopin' more than once.
    I'll act scared, blame them and we'll start pointing fingers at each other:
    "he did it!" "it's his fault!" "nuh-uh!" which is always good for a laugh.

Later, when they've been put to bed?.. "heh-heh so, you still gonna give me that whoopin'?"

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    No worries, Oswald, but thanks for stepping in.

Since the internet lacks the subtleties of verbal inflection and facial expressions (other than purple text) I'll take it as a compliment.
    Hopefully this thread is food for thought.
    Might give some members a different perspective or remind them of some items they still need to get.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I was thinking more along the lines of 5 and 6 gallon pails of rice, beans, etc. Foodstuffs that will sustain over a long period with nothing on the shelf, until something can be worked out locally...because that will be the future.
    That is the route I'm going.

Walmart sells food grade 5 gallon buckets for $4.50 a pop or so BTW. Food grade lids have to be ordered online though.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    True, most of the protein and diet bars are loaded with soy as well. At the end of the day it's better than going hungry.
    We've got #10 cans of powdered eggs, powdered milk, dehydrated vegetables along with mix for bread and pancakes. Also have 5 gallon plastic buckets of white rice, brown rice, beans and more dehydrated veggies.
    Several years ago, a friend gave me a soup sized can of Yoders bacon as a gag-gift (cause I'm an unapologetic prepper).
    Opened and tried it - went on line and ordered some for the pantry
    Please continue reading, some info on using buckets will be found below.

Hardware stores (Lowe's and Home Depot around here) have brand new 5 gallon storage buckets with the snap-lock lids.
    They're like the ones paint or sheetrock mud comes in. Once the lid goes on it's air tight and the plastic strip has to be pealed off to reopen.

Find a place that has big bags of pinto beans, rice, cornmeal, whatever you prefer.
    For those that don't know: all of these will have weevil eggs in them, the trick is keeping the bugs from hatching.

Find a source for dry ice...you know where this is going
    Stage everything in advance: know how much each bucket holds and have them ready with lids and a rubber mallet to make sure they close completely.
    This is best done in a warm place like a garage where there is no breeze.
    Start with an inch or two of food in each bucket, then add a 1/2 dollar sized chunk of dry ice.
    Have another piece of dry ice about the same size set off to the side to see how long it take it to evaporate.
    Fill the buckets to within 1/2 inch of the top.
    Once the test piece of dry ice is gone, wait about a minute, then carefully place the lids on and seal them up.
    Move into a cooler, temperature stable room or closet, the top should indent slightly like canning jars.
    There's almost no oxygen in the barrel so the nasty little bugs shouldn't hatch out.

If you would prefer sealing rice, beans and pasta in vacuum bags - get some food grade diatomaceous earth.
    Even if the little bugs do hatch out, they won't last long.

Those of you who have military survival training also know about bugs as protein.
    POWs of the Japanese, North Koreans and Vietnamese were only given a few potatoes or some rice every day.
    The one's that survived used some of the meager rations to attract bugs, which they ate to supplement their diet.

Hopefully this thread is food for thought.
    Might give some members a different perspective or remind them of some items they still need to get.
    That was the initial intent, prior to the hijack attempt by Senior Cockwipe.

On the bucket front...yes...cheaply had at wally world, appropriate lids available at Lowes, Home Despot or your local paint store..

If you're going that route (as opposed to the prepared food buckets) I would recommend a good vacuum sealer, vacuum sealable mylar bags, oxygen absorbers and desiccant packs. There is a difference between food grade buckets and what you can get at your local wally wally, so do your research.

A pound or so of a given staple, vacuum sealed in mylar along with an oxygen absorber of appropriate size and the appropriate desiccant pack(s)...fill the bucket with all it can take and seal with a good lid. Once you open the bucket you have usable packs of said staple without having to worry about the rest of the contents going wonky before you can use it all.

Another prep hack I've suggested before...if you have a dehydrator...

To properly dehydrate veggies of most sorts, they need to be blanched first. All flash frozen veggies have been blanched prior to being frozen and bagged. Dehydrate them, pack 'em in mason jars with appropriate sized oxy absorbers and desiccant packs. They'll seal up as well as if you'd vacuum sealed them...the button will even depress on the lid, just as it would with canning.

Pick your frozen veggie of preference, dehydrate it and pack as suggested...they will keep a very long time. Hell, I've got beef jerky I made 10 years ago (from lean rump roast...avoid all fat if you go this route...fat bad...it goes rancid...eat the fatty bits, pack the rest) packed this way...still good today.

Bought a quarter cow for my freezer 9 months ago, but now I understand I may not have power, except on a limited basis thanks to the powers that be. My Bday present this year is a pressure canner, so I can start canning that meat before Joe Bitme and his minions can take all power from me and my freezer is full of mold and stink. Pressure canning will preserve meat for long periods, same as regular water bath canning for fruits/veggies. Do not attempt canning meat without a pressure canner...you're playing with bad juju, botulism, death...otherwise.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Celox and Everone to your med kit too. Well for water if you can. Great list Sir!

It's you're...fucking genius...stop attempting to one up your betters, pussbot...it just makes you look dumber than you may be...though I doubt it.

Dude just gave you a complete prep course in a few paragraphs...and all you have in reply is hutzpah? Dear God man...do you even have anything resembling a soul?
    Thats pretty Heavy. Are you running for Congress in November? Oh I got some food stuffs for you. Eat the Shit out of my Corn. Share some with NoDick your pal.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Celox and Everone to your med kit too. Well for water if you can. Great list Sir!
    Thanks, and I appreciate you bringing up Celox and Everone.
    Already have some 'quickclot' in both powder form and individual wound dressings.
    Looks like Celox is a superior product. Need to find a good source then order some.

Everone is also a major necessity, since burns can cover a larger area than most injuries and tend to be more prone to infection.

Project for later this month is going through all the medical supplies and checking expiration dates.

Another point: the expiration date on canned goods is usually very small and done with a dot-matrix type printer.
    Get a fine point marker and write the date across the lid so it's easier to see when rotating stock.

Let's see, what else?...
    Oh! That's right:
    Thats pretty Heavy. Are you running for Congress in November?
    Is someone running for Ferd's replacement as supreme troll of Gunsnet?
    Not hatin' - just sayin'

From what I've read, Oswald would make an outstanding Representative or Senator.
    So far as the 'pal' comment?
    Seems like 99.9% on this board are intelligent, well mannered, good natured people who would be outstanding friends in real life.
    But there's always that 0.1% who try to turn everything into a shit-show

Oh I got some food stuffs for you. Eat the Shit out of my Corn. Share some with NoDick your pal.

From what I've read, Oswald would make an outstanding Representative or Senator.
    I thank you for your support Nobeard, but I'm afraid I'd likely be hard pressed from going full "Repairman Jack" on about 90% of congress within one or two meetings of the full complement. No...I'm not well suited to representing honestly, courteously and within decorum any constituents of my state from duplicitous vipers dedicated to the fall of the republic.

The Stupid!!! THE STUPID...IT BURNS!!!!!!!

Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-05-2022 at 05:08 PM.

The entire food processing industry is being targeted for destruction...why?

Recent arson/destruction in the US:

• Maid-Rite Steak Company (Pennsylvania)
    • Food Processing plant in San Antonio, Texas
    • Cargill-Nutrena (Los Angeles, CA)
    • Van Drunen (Illinois)
    • Potato plant in Maine
    • Potato plant in Washington state
    • Harpers’ Market (Ontario, Canada)
    • Perdue Farms ( North Carolina)
    • Mauston Meat Processing Plant (Wisconsin)
    • Bonzana Meat Company (El Paso, Texas)
    • Sheorers Foods (Oregon)
    • Nestle Hot Pockets plant (Arkansas)
    • Walmart distribution center (Indiana)
    • Rio Fresh Onion facility (Southern Texas)
    • East Conway Beef & Pork (New Hampshire)
    • Deli Star (Illinois)
    • Tyson poultry plant (Kentucky)
    • Tyson feed ingredients (Alabama)
    • Meat provider in Georgia
    • JBS meat plant (Nebraska)
    • Smithfield Foods plant (North Carolina)
    • Fertilizer plant in North Carolina
    • Wisconsin River Meats
    • Louis Dreyfus – largest soy processing plant in U.S. (Indiana)
    • Maricopa Food Pantry (Arizona)
    • Patak Meat Production company (Georgia)

That's just in the US. This is happening throughout the west...why?

Full article here:
    https://canadafreepress.com/article/food-processing-plants-burning-down-all-over-the-world-as-europe-australia-prepare-for-fuel-rationing

But I can tell you why...

You can't reduce the world's population from 7 plus billion to approximately 500 million without breaking a few eggs. Read any of Bill Gates Malthusian diatribes or the WEF's "sustainable population" directives...add in the plandemics and death shot and there can be only one conclusion...extermination is the order of the day with our "self-described" betters.

They are willing to create a post-apocalyptic reality to get their way. They will get the post-apocalyptic, though they won't get their way...the two potentialities are inimical to each other, and they are too filled with hubris to see that.

More on the food system, and how you will be beholden to it...

https://creativedestructionmedia.com...o-control-you/

It's gettin' real shitty folks...

It's getting to one of two choices...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-05-2022 at 10:17 PM.