Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Did anyone see TOP GUN: MAVERICK yet? :D

  1. #1
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,733

    Did anyone see TOP GUN: MAVERICK yet? :D

    Once I heard that the LIBERAL MEDIA was attacking the movie for being "Too patriotic" and "too pro America" I was like - Game on. I'm gonna see it.

    GREAT MOVIE. And the filmmakers risked pissing off China by putting the FLAG of TAIWAN back on Pete Mitchell's bomber jacket.

    If you haven't seen it. I highly recommend it!


  2. #2
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,856
    No I pretty much wait till they come out on DVD, been a long time since I went to a theater myself. Heard it's great too. F18 not so much IMO. A lot of hemming and hawing, they took the patches off, then put them back in.

  3. #3
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,733
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    No I pretty much wait till they come out on DVD, been a long time since I went to a theater myself. Heard it's great too. F18 not so much IMO. A lot of hemming and hawing, they took the patches off, then put them back in.
    I know that you mean. This movie, though, is amazing on the BIG SCREEN with big speakers. Unless you have a world class entertainment home theater.

    My local theater had a matinee , (California prices of $6 bucks) so I went. The theater was empty because it was an early bird screening. I really enjoyed the flight scenes on the BIG SCREEN though.

    Either way, when it comes out on Bluray later, I'm definitely getting it as well.

  4. #4
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,856
    Cool, thank you for the review! Will be buying for sure.

  5. #5
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,766
    Yeah a buddy of mine saw it. Said it had no wokeness or PC crap and that it was better than the original.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,445
    Sorry guys...I'll wait till I can get it through some method that does not enrich hollyweird in any way shape or form. They do, what these days...maybe one non-woke file per hundred?

    No...can't see my way to enriching them one little bit. One day I'll find a used BluRay at goodwill that's in good shape. I waited how long for this sequel (ironic note...I wasn't waiting for this sequel)...I can wait until it gratifies hollyweird in no way, shape or form...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  7. #7
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Sorry guys...I'll wait till I can get it through some method that does not enrich hollyweird in any way shape or form. They do, what these days...maybe one non-woke file per hundred?

    No...can't see my way to enriching them one little bit. One day I'll find a used BluRay at goodwill that's in good shape. I waited how long for this sequel (ironic note...I wasn't waiting for this sequel)...I can wait until it gratifies hollyweird in no way, shape or form...
    You are missing the point completely. This succeeded because it was NOT WOKE. One has to help those who fight back against the stupid Hollywood anti american leftist scumbags. Abandoning those who think like you do is not a good strategy. Success stories like this kicks the ass of the 'woke crowd'. This being a success will be one more nail in the coffin of the leftists. It will take MORE NAILS but this is a great TREND. Giving money to folks that deserve it, and making sure that the woke idiots go BROKE is a good thing.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,445
    I understand your point tank, but I don't believe the commucrats in hollyweird will ever get the point, will never capitulate and agree that woke means broke...so giving them any of my hard earned, inflation reduced cash is just throwing money down the drain. Plenty of good movies/tv from the past to watch, plus I love to read and I have more books than I will likely be able to get to before I go tets up.

    Screw hollyweird...let 'em go broke.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  9. #9
    Senior Member Full Otto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Plenty of good movies/tv from the past to watch
    That's pretty much where I'm at but that's even getting hard to do
    On "Grit TV" The Outlaw Josie Wales when they're getting ready to fight the Indians the old lady's reference to redskins is now bleeped out
    Later with the fight with the bluecoats and the chief references palefaces it stays in

    Laff TV plays National Lampoons Vacation and the entire part in the St Louis ghetto is taken out

    Ah well
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

  10. #10
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    That's pretty much where I'm at but that's even getting hard to do
    On "Grit TV" The Outlaw Josie Wales when they're getting ready to fight the Indians the old lady's reference to redskins is now bleeped out
    Later with the fight with the bluecoats and the chief references palefaces it stays in

    Laff TV plays National Lampoons Vacation and the entire part in the St Louis ghetto is taken out

    Ah well
    Unfortunately these days you have to have either a hard copy or digital file of the original to be free of that shit. It's no different from the "formatted to fit your screen or for time constraints" bullshit on most broadcast tv showings...you gets what you pay for, or you gets it the way you want elsewhere...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

  11. #11
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I understand your point tank, but I don't believe the commucrats in hollyweird will ever get the point, will never capitulate and agree that woke means broke...so giving them any of my hard earned, inflation reduced cash is just throwing money down the drain. Plenty of good movies/tv from the past to watch, plus I love to read and I have more books than I will likely be able to get to before I go tets up.

    Screw hollyweird...let 'em go broke.
    No worries, but you're smearing EVERYONE in the industry because of the actions of the majority, aka giving the finger to the 'right thinking minority'. I'm use to it. I hear tons of gun companies say 'screw CALIFORNIA GUN OWNERS" as if them refusing to legal business with us with somehow make the CA Democrats unhappy. They're actually HELPING the enemy and harming their FRIENDS.

    If there is a hollywood actor who is NOT WOKE or leans to our side, I WILL Support him or her. Telling them that they're ON THEIR OWN is a ridiculous and short sighted strategy. You're welcome to hold to that, of course, but I strongly disagree. I am compelled to SUPPORT anyone who stands up and fights back. I don't stab them in the back and say "because the LEFTIST voices in your sphere are the loudest, I won't support YOU and other like you".

    I know a lot of folks in the movie business. "above the line" a term for the BIG WIGS (producers, directors, actors, etc) are all STRONGLY democrat. BELOW the line: (working class people) the carpenters, drivers, electricians, propmakers, wardrobe dept, special effects, editors, sound effects, etc) all tend to be closet Republicans. Since Trump the anti republican derangement syndrome has gotten worse. They have no voice, but I will still support their rights to NOT be liberal democrats. I won't spit in their faces.

    Trivia note: Costumes/Art Department TENDS to be liberals because they're all ART SCHOOL graduates and usually WOMEN. Hair & Makeup are usually women, but for some reason they're apolitical and don't really care one way or another. Stuntmen and Gun Armorers are staunch Republicans for some reason.

  12. #12
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    That's pretty much where I'm at but that's even getting hard to do
    On "Grit TV" The Outlaw Josie Wales when they're getting ready to fight the Indians the old lady's reference to redskins is now bleeped out
    Later with the fight with the bluecoats and the chief references palefaces it stays in.
    Yeah, Grit even did that to The Duke. In "Sands of Iwo Jima", there was a scene on the ship where one guy pulled out a bottle of sake to share, he was asked where he got it. John Wayne replied "He probably got it off a dead Jap." Yeah, you got it. Grit bleeped out "Jap".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  13. #13
    Senior Member Oswald Bastable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In The Troposhpere
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    No worries, but you're smearing EVERYONE in the industry because of the actions of the majority, aka giving the finger to the 'right thinking minority'. I'm use to it. I hear tons of gun companies say 'screw CALIFORNIA GUN OWNERS" as if them refusing to legal business with us with somehow make the CA Democrats unhappy. They're actually HELPING the enemy and harming their FRIENDS.

    If there is a hollywood actor who is NOT WOKE or leans to our side, I WILL Support him or her. Telling them that they're ON THEIR OWN is a ridiculous and short sighted strategy. You're welcome to hold to that, of course, but I strongly disagree. I am compelled to SUPPORT anyone who stands up and fights back. I don't stab them in the back and say "because the LEFTIST voices in your sphere are the loudest, I won't support YOU and other like you".

    I know a lot of folks in the movie business. "above the line" a term for the BIG WIGS (producers, directors, actors, etc) are all STRONGLY democrat. BELOW the line: (working class people) the carpenters, drivers, electricians, propmakers, wardrobe dept, special effects, editors, sound effects, etc) all tend to be closet Republicans. Since Trump the anti republican derangement syndrome has gotten worse. They have no voice, but I will still support their rights to NOT be liberal democrats. I won't spit in their faces.

    Trivia note: Costumes/Art Department TENDS to be liberals because they're all ART SCHOOL graduates and usually WOMEN. Hair & Makeup are usually women, but for some reason they're apolitical and don't really care one way or another. Stuntmen and Gun Armorers are staunch Republicans for some reason.

    I'm not trying to smear anyone...I'm just pointing out how the pendulum has swung.

    We're in the 2nd "woke" phase of hollyweird. Back in the 50s early 60s was the first "woke" phase...the McCarthy era..actors and actresses blackballed as being communists. Now we're at the opposite side of that pendulum swing...it was wrong then, it's wrong now.

    Hollyweird should understand that making good stories come to life is their objective, and injecting their political/social/bs/handjob action is counterproductive to the job at hand.

    I know of no way to inform them of my distain for their direction (either way) other than sitting them out...failing to spend my dollars to support their BS. Wish I could do the same with our gooberment, but then the IRS would take everything I own.

    This all comes down to decided ways to fight back against the mounting storm before us. You fight it your way...I'll fight it mine.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

    He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •