Thread: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced: No ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban, No Raised Minimum Rifle Age

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Thumbs down Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced: No ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban, No Raised Minimum Rifle Age

Here we go again!
    https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...mum-rifle-age/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...kage-rcna33128

"The deal would not ban or confiscate any of the hundreds of millions of guns in circulation in the U.S. It would not outlaw the sale or ownership of semi-automatic rifles like the AR-15, which was used by the Uvalde shooter to kill children. It would not prohibit high-capacity magazines. It would not, unlike a recent House-passed bill, raise the age to buy a semi-automatic weapon to 21. And it would not, unlike a bill passed by House Democrats, mandate universal background checks".
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Think they actually are afraid that passing any firearm ban just before the midterms would be political suicide? Are they smart enough to realize that it would be?

More feel good stuff that does nothing to solve any problem, real or imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Think they actually are afraid that passing any firearm ban just before the midterms would be political suicide? Are they smart enough to realize that it would be?

More feel good stuff that does nothing to solve any problem, real or imagined.
    The Democrats don't care. We have a few RINOs who must be defeated eventually. Some of the coward Republicans are folks who just don't' know much about guns. A lot of my friends who analyze this stuff don't think it will pass in the Senate. Thus it will be dead. Just something to appease the gun control mob for a few months.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed that they managed to turn at least 10 Republicans, but I'm hopeful for the mid terms. Ultimately it doesn't make a difference. A lot of folks believe they won't get pass the Senate. They KNOW that it's ridiculous.

Also I don't care. Anything they pass is ALREADY the law in COMMIEFORNIA. So it's no big deal to me. Nothing will change here. LOL. Also CA democrats will always be jerks to the Second Amendment. The votes from OUR state won't change the equation. It's up to YOU GUYS in other states to have to reign in your wishy washy politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    The Democrats don't care. We have a few RINOs who must be defeated eventually. Some of the coward Republicans are folks who just don't' know much about guns. A lot of my friends who analyze this stuff don't think it will pass in the Senate. Thus it will be dead. Just something to appease the gun control mob for a few months.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed that they managed to turn at least 10 Republicans, but I'm hopeful for the mid terms. Ultimately it doesn't make a difference. A lot of folks believe they won't get pass the Senate. They KNOW that it's ridiculous.

Also I don't care. Anything they pass is ALREADY the law in COMMIEFORNIA. So it's no big deal to me. Nothing will change here. LOL. Also CA democrats will always be jerks to the Second Amendment. The votes from OUR state won't change the equation. It's up to YOU GUYS in other states to have to reign in your wishy washy politicians.
    Actually, that deal was announced by the Senate and 10 Rinos (the usual suspects) have agreed to it: https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...mum-rifle-age/

Now it goes to the House for them to jigger with it and tack on a bunch of amendments to make it worse.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Actually, that deal was announced by the Senate and 10 Rinos (the usual suspects) have agreed to it: https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...mum-rifle-age/

Now it goes to the House for them to jigger with it and tack on a bunch of amendments to make it worse.
    Anything any of them do is already an "infringement."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Penalties for Straw Purchasing
    ● Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns. THIS IS LAUGHABLE! Last I checked about 50 people where prosecuted in a year. One guy that sold hundreds of straw purchases got probation.........https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...straw-buyers-/

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Exactly what's going to happen, then the Senate traitors will say we didn't know about all the stuff the house stuffed into reconciliation..... Drip Drip Drip Commucrats get their agenda steadily with help from scumbag RINO's.

The vote in the Senate was for the SENATE version, which is a very WEAK and watered down bill with no teeth. The HOUSE bill was the abomination and so far, there doesn't seem to be anyone in a rush to adopt those most extreme line items, because they KNOW that it will bite them in the ass come the midterm elections. Either way, though it's irritating, I'm not that concerned.

Can't find it now, but read an article this morning that the House will rubber stamp the Senate bill, but of course that means they'll...burden it...

The Senate bill is a done deal, they have the 60 votes thanks to 10 Rinos...it just remains to be seen what the house does with it.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-25-2022 at 07:22 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!