Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced: No ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban, No Raised Minimum Rifle Age

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Thumbs down Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced: No ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban, No Raised Minimum Rifle Age

Here we go again!
    https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...mum-rifle-age/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...kage-rcna33128

"The deal would not ban or confiscate any of the hundreds of millions of guns in circulation in the U.S. It would not outlaw the sale or ownership of semi-automatic rifles like the AR-15, which was used by the Uvalde shooter to kill children. It would not prohibit high-capacity magazines. It would not, unlike a recent House-passed bill, raise the age to buy a semi-automatic weapon to 21. And it would not, unlike a bill passed by House Democrats, mandate universal background checks".
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Think they actually are afraid that passing any firearm ban just before the midterms would be political suicide? Are they smart enough to realize that it would be?

More feel good stuff that does nothing to solve any problem, real or imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Think they actually are afraid that passing any firearm ban just before the midterms would be political suicide? Are they smart enough to realize that it would be?

More feel good stuff that does nothing to solve any problem, real or imagined.
    The Democrats don't care. We have a few RINOs who must be defeated eventually. Some of the coward Republicans are folks who just don't' know much about guns. A lot of my friends who analyze this stuff don't think it will pass in the Senate. Thus it will be dead. Just something to appease the gun control mob for a few months.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed that they managed to turn at least 10 Republicans, but I'm hopeful for the mid terms. Ultimately it doesn't make a difference. A lot of folks believe they won't get pass the Senate. They KNOW that it's ridiculous.

Also I don't care. Anything they pass is ALREADY the law in COMMIEFORNIA. So it's no big deal to me. Nothing will change here. LOL. Also CA democrats will always be jerks to the Second Amendment. The votes from OUR state won't change the equation. It's up to YOU GUYS in other states to have to reign in your wishy washy politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    The Democrats don't care. We have a few RINOs who must be defeated eventually. Some of the coward Republicans are folks who just don't' know much about guns. A lot of my friends who analyze this stuff don't think it will pass in the Senate. Thus it will be dead. Just something to appease the gun control mob for a few months.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed that they managed to turn at least 10 Republicans, but I'm hopeful for the mid terms. Ultimately it doesn't make a difference. A lot of folks believe they won't get pass the Senate. They KNOW that it's ridiculous.

Also I don't care. Anything they pass is ALREADY the law in COMMIEFORNIA. So it's no big deal to me. Nothing will change here. LOL. Also CA democrats will always be jerks to the Second Amendment. The votes from OUR state won't change the equation. It's up to YOU GUYS in other states to have to reign in your wishy washy politicians.
    Actually, that deal was announced by the Senate and 10 Rinos (the usual suspects) have agreed to it: https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...mum-rifle-age/

Now it goes to the House for them to jigger with it and tack on a bunch of amendments to make it worse.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Actually, that deal was announced by the Senate and 10 Rinos (the usual suspects) have agreed to it: https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...mum-rifle-age/

Now it goes to the House for them to jigger with it and tack on a bunch of amendments to make it worse.
    Anything any of them do is already an "infringement."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Exactly what's going to happen, then the Senate traitors will say we didn't know about all the stuff the house stuffed into reconciliation..... Drip Drip Drip Commucrats get their agenda steadily with help from scumbag RINO's.

Penalties for Straw Purchasing
    ● Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns. THIS IS LAUGHABLE! Last I checked about 50 people where prosecuted in a year. One guy that sold hundreds of straw purchases got probation.........https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...straw-buyers-/

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Penalties for Straw Purchasing
    ● Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns. THIS IS LAUGHABLE! Last I checked about 50 people where prosecuted in a year. One guy that sold hundreds of straw purchases got probation.........https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...straw-buyers-/
    They don't enforce existing gun laws, which allows more gun chaos by the mentally ill and leftist actors, which allows them to call for more laws they won't enforce...wash, rinse, repeat...until they can ban them all. When the civil unrest increases due to inflation, food shortages, rolling blackouts, leftist riots...expect a declaration of martial law, postponement (to become permanent) of elections, outlawing guns and the beginning of confiscation.

That is when we need to take words of Solzhenitsyn ​to heart.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

The vote in the Senate was for the SENATE version, which is a very WEAK and watered down bill with no teeth. The HOUSE bill was the abomination and so far, there doesn't seem to be anyone in a rush to adopt those most extreme line items, because they KNOW that it will bite them in the ass come the midterm elections. Either way, though it's irritating, I'm not that concerned.

Can't find it now, but read an article this morning that the House will rubber stamp the Senate bill, but of course that means they'll...burden it...

The Senate bill is a done deal, they have the 60 votes thanks to 10 Rinos...it just remains to be seen what the house does with it.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-25-2022 at 07:22 PM.

Can't find it now, but read an article this morning that the House will rubber stamp the Senate bill, but of course that means they'll...burden it...

The Senate bill is a done deal, they have the 60 votes thanks to 10 Rinos...it just remains to be seen what the house does with it.
    Yup, Senate passed it, House rubber stamped it, on its way to be signed by 0biden now.

If you own guns and you live in a state with a red flag law, or in a state where the legislature and Governor are leftists...be afraid...be very afraid.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-25-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

In those states with red flag laws, someone, whose guns have been taken away, needs to file a lawsuit against the state using the 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments as the backbone of their lawsuit. Of course, this will go all the way to the SCOTUS, where they may rule against red flag laws.

Add to that Article 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

This is the only way to get rid of red flag laws, but it has to reach SCOTUS before the commucrats have a chance to stack the Court in their favor..
    Last edited by alismith; 06-24-2022 at 03:23 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    In those states with red flag laws, someone, whose guns have been taken away, needs to file a lawsuit against the state using the 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments as the backbone of their lawsuit. Of course, this will go all the way to the SCOTUS, where they may rule against red flag laws.

Add to that Article 11 of the Universal Declaration of Rights.

This is the only way to get rid of red flag laws, but it has to reach SCOTUS before the commucrats have a chance to stack the Court in their favor..
    especially the 6th amendment.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The stupidity of those in the government knows no bounds. The old saying about not learning from the past and trying the same thing over and over and still getting the same results proves how stupid they are.

For instance, stretching stupidity - murder is illegal, so when someone illegally murders someone with a gun, it must be the gun's fault since the person should have known better. When that doesn't work, go after specific firearms. When that doesn't work tack on some more laws that still don't address the first part, murder is illegal.

We have so many laws covering so many stupid things that I am sure every one of us violates some statute at some time or another and never knows it, and even the local constabulary wouldn't know it unless they just happened to accidentally read that statute by coincidence the last time they pulled the book out.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post

Add to that Article 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Until such a case makes it to the Supremes (no knowing the composition by the time it gets there) this will be used by the leftists...pre-crime guilty without due process...universally.

Anyone deemed inimical to the state will be targeted in any red flag jurisdiction...any blue state where red flag can be implemented will get funds to make it happen...death by the thousand paper cuts..

The next deep state step to weeding out those most willing to resist...the rest can be intimidated...

The time is coming boys and girls...resist or submit...your choice.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-24-2022 at 05:15 PM.

My Senator, Pat Toomey is retiring. He made his money blowing Chinese Bankers. Dr. Oz is running for his Senate seat. Replacing one RHINO for another.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashorn View Post
    My Senator, Pat Toomey is retiring. He made his money blowing Chinese Bankers. Dr. Oz is running for his Senate seat. Replacing one RHINO for another.
    Can't believe Trump endorsed him (Oz)...WTF???

Makes one think it's all choreographed,,,

Yeah I didn't get that either, endorsing a guy that's shit on the second amendment instead of a solid conservative. He's only human though prone to make mistakes.......Wait is that a song?

I think it's all part of a Master Plan to Divide and Conquer. Both parties are faces of the same coin. Trump was put in office to polarize the Right. Biden and Obama the left. Starting a shit storm between the two. Hopefully a civil war. Just what the NWO had planned. After all during his campaign Trump vowed to put Hillary in jail his first 90 days in office. Dr. Oz is pro Trans and Abortion. You have to ask yourself WTF.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    We have so many laws covering so many stupid things that I am sure every one of us violates some statute at some time or another and never knows it, and even the local constabulary wouldn't know it unless they just happened to accidentally read that statute by coincidence the last time they pulled the book out.
    It doesn't matter how stupid or insane laws are because they are NOT there to PREVENT crime but to "arrange" for the punishment and fines associated with these new and additional charges !
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast