https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/17...aith-gun-talks

This guy has some current info on this.

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Sounds good, so far.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Read about this somewhere - https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...unition-Supply

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Might need to add this to the equation:

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Army announced today the award of a 10-year firm-fixed-price follow-on production contract to Sig Sauer for the manufacture and delivery of two Next Generation Squad Weapon variations (the XM5 Rifle and the XM250 Automatic Rifle) and the 6.8 Common Cartridge Family of Ammunition.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...uer-wins-ngsw/

The XM5 Rifle will replace the M4/M4A1 carbine within the close combat force, and the XM250 Automatic Rifle is the planned replacement for the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon Both weapons provide significant capability improvements in accuracy, range and overall lethality.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Might need to add this to the equation:

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Army announced today the award of a 10-year firm-fixed-price follow-on production contract to Sig Sauer for the manufacture and delivery of two Next Generation Squad Weapon variations (the XM5 Rifle and the XM250 Automatic Rifle) and the 6.8 Common Cartridge Family of Ammunition.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...uer-wins-ngsw/

The XM5 Rifle will replace the M4/M4A1 carbine within the close combat force, and the XM250 Automatic Rifle is the planned replacement for the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon Both weapons provide significant capability improvements in accuracy, range and overall lethality.
    So, now it's proven that the AR-15 isn't as lethal as Idiot Joe said it was.....these new weapons are far more lethal....

But, the 9 mm. will still blow a lung out....two lungs if shot twice.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I wondered if the switch to 6.8 had something to do with it.

with everything going on in the ammo market these last few years it just shows that we need more civilian sources of ammo.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I wondered if the switch to 6.8 had something to do with it.

with everything going on in the ammo market these last few years it just shows that we need more civilian sources of ammo.

I would agree. With the switch to 6.8 the order for 5.56 would end but that should allow for more 5.56 to the civilian (read We The People) market.

I would imagine Lake City would transition to making 6.8 and reduce production of 5.56...and if Biden prohibits sales of Lake City 5.56 to civilians...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

And now this which feels very familiar:

Rep. Matt Gaetz: Biden’s IRS Spent Approximately $700,000 on Ammo ‘Between March and June 1’
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ch-and-june-1/
    Gaetz noted a scenario where federal entities are buying up ammo puts citizens in a place where the exercise of the Second Amendment is limited due to the inability to get ammunition.
    He painted a dire scenario where the government reduces ammunition production “and, on the other hand, [soaks] up the supply of it.”

Yeah, 0blammie did that too (the buying everything in sight) and along with the constant drumbeat of restricting/taking guns drove all prices higher, adding to demand, and further increase in prices.

Sooner or later, someone, somewhere is gonna say: "Enough!!!"

And the 3% will agree.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

The Biden administration has backed down from its reported desire to end commercial ammunition production at a Lake City, Missouri, military plant.

https://thereload.com/white-house-sa...t-to-continue/
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I'm surprised his handlers let the Resident back down.

Freedom isn't free.

Here's why:

An attempt by the Biden administration to choke off the supply of civilian ammunition also could have imperiled his party’s gun control negotiations on Capitol Hill. Opening up another front in the gun control fight likely would have made Republicans less open to supporting any new legislation.

They'll "circle back" later

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Here's why:

An attempt by the Biden administration to choke off the supply of civilian ammunition also could have imperiled his party’s gun control negotiations on Capitol Hill. Opening up another front in the gun control fight likely would have made Republicans less open to supporting any new legislation.

They'll "circle back" later
    Bingo, same thought.

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    The Biden administration has backed down from its reported desire to end commercial ammunition production at a Lake City, Missouri, military plant.

https://thereload.com/white-house-sa...t-to-continue/

The language is suspicious: "The administration is not going to restrict production/sales of excess ammunition currently available for sale to the public (including M855 and SS109) at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant."

The key word is currently...meaning future production is still on the chopping block.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-22-2022 at 01:04 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

We've all seen the ammo shortages and crazy prices in the past.
    Even when the supplies came back the prices never went back down to where they were before.

Trying to figure out when or if the next big shortage will happen is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic while the lifeboats are being lowered.

We all know this illegitimate administration is going to do everything in their power to disarm us.

Your firearm is the engine of America's Freedom.
    It won't run when you're out of ammo, just like your car doesn't run when it's out of fuel.

Confiscating all the firearms in America is both an impossibility and a nightmare - they know this.

Easiest solution is to crush the supply of ammo, along with the supply of damn near everything else, and wait us out.

Prices may suck right now, but it's available so we should all be stocking up.
    (that 'we' includes 'me' and I am, as much as possible)

Thought for the day:
    Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeard View Post

Thought for the day:
    Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.
    At first I was going to admonish you for stealing the grand philosophy of Freewheelin' Franklin Freak and misappropriating it...but then it hit me...

Franklin's version was appropriate for the old world...yours for the decline and fall of civilization...

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    At first I was going to admonish you for stealing the grand philosophy of Freewheelin' Franklin Freak and misappropriating it...but then it hit me...

Franklin's version was appropriate for the old world...yours for the decline and fall of civilization...
    Yea, should have included: "With humblest apologies to Gilbert Shelton" after the bastardized quote.
    No, my avatar is NOT Fat Freddy's Cat on a bad acid trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeard View Post
    Yea, should have included: "With humblest apologies to Gilbert Shelton" after the bastardized quote.
    No, my avatar is NOT Fat Freddy's Cat on a bad acid trip!

On other media sites devoted to other interests I have, my avatar IS Fat Freddy's Cat.

"I can make life rough if you're gonna be shitty!"
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-22-2022 at 01:56 PM.

"I'll shit in yer boot, I'll pee in yer hat...I'll spray the whole house with essence of cat!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast